Zowasel Entrepreneur-in-Residence - Tanzania
Join our mission to build sustainable and connected value chains across communities, people, and the planet. We utilize data science and technology to enhance productivity, sustainability, and profitability for farmers in developing economies.
We are seeking exceptional candidates for our 12-month hands-on and in-country Zowasel Entrepreneur-in-Residence program. Selected candidates will sever as Entrepreneur-in-Residence in Tanzania, and play a pivotal role in establishing and growing Zowasel as a global agricultural technology company.
This rotational hands-on program is designed for individuals with the potential and aspiration to become Zowasel Country Directors in new markets across developing economies for a stake in Zowasel.
You will lead Zowasel, transitioning it from market entry to customer acquisition and finding a market fit in the selected country, working as an entrepreneur, you will collaborate with an international team of motivated individuals.
Throughout the program, you will receive early-stage startup mentorship training, working closely with local and global teams to gain valuable experience in building all necessary functions for a successful agtech company.
You will drive and develop Zowasel sustainable partnership programs, working with value chain partners, collaborators and supporters on a day-to-day basis.
You will drive specific functions such as customer acquisition, new market entry, online marketing, product development, supply management, and operations. Additionally, you will benefit from privileged partnerships and support from our Investment and Partnerships teams.
Upon completion of the ZEIR program, successful candidates will assume the role of Zowasel Country Director for their respective country. Responsibilities will include market validation, product development, commercialization, partnerships, and team formation, leading to market leadership.
- Outstanding degree, MBA/Masters from a top university
- Entrepreneurial and startup experience in the technology business
- High drive, ambition, independence, flexibility, and speed
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong analytical skills, and hands-on attitude
- Geographical mobility and international experience
- Fluency in French and country languages
- Work experience in top-tier consulting firms, Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Private Equity, and/or startups
- Track record of personal, academic, and professional achievements
- Knowledge of the technology, agricultural, finance, and e-commerce sectors
ZEIR involves rotating every 3-4 months to different teams, mentors, and partner ventures in various countries, each with unique challenges and business models.
Upon successful rotations and completion of the program in 12 months, you will transition into a Founding Country Director role, leading the growth and development of Zowasel in the respective country.
You will receive equity to become Country Director applicable in the selected country