Software Engineer, Marketplace
As a Software Engineer on our Marketplace team, you’ll create responsive web and mobile applications that integrate with a rich ecosystem of services to power our Marketplace platforms.
Today, farming is complex, farmers don’t have the incentive to grow higher-quality crops. In fact, since crops are commoditized, farmers' main incentive is to simply grow as much volume as possible.
Our Marketplace flips the current model on its head through a holistic, two-side market access-based approach, by connecting smallholder farmers and emerging farms with buyers to directly transact while tracing crop identity.
We enable farmers to get paid a premium for growing high-quality desirable crops to significantly increase their incomes, improve quality of life and build paths to prosperity.
Your expertise in interface design and software architecture will help us deliver a world-class application to our growing suite of world-class marketplace products.
As a Software Engineer at Zowasel you’ll:
- Help design and implement performant web applications using a modern web stack consisting of PHP, Flask, TypeScript, React, Magento and PostgreSQL hosted on AWS
- Build user-facing features for our suite of applications by implementing Magento and React Components in Typescript and integrating with REST APIs
- Lead features end to end, from technical design to implementation to deployment to production support, communicating risks and issues to stakeholders, and working together to find a path forward
- Contribute to our internal tools and libraries, looking to leverage shared components, design patterns, and infrastructure wherever possible
- Ensure that all APIs and applications are adequately tested in an automated framework, including functional and performance tests
- Review code, have your code reviewed, and learn from other engineers
- Collaborate with product managers, back-end engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test, and deploy high-quality code in the cloud
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management
- You have experience building web applications professionally for 5+ years
- You’re able to research and propose new technologies or design patterns to improve the software ecosystem
- You can convey technical concepts and trade-offs to both engineering and business audiences
- You actively work to promote fairness, equality, and diversity in the workplace
- You are a perpetual learner and passionate about technology
- You care deeply about performance, usability, and accessibility.
- You have experience building complex maps using Mapbox GL or similar tools.
- You have experience building complex charts using Highcharts or similar tools.
- You appreciate engaging and usable design and sweat the details.
- You're comfortable collaborating with teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, and documented code that others can understand.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self-awareness.
- You are passionate about innovation and pushing the limits of web experiences.*