State Programme Lead - Bauchi State
It's hard to believe that today 771 million people do not have clean water and 1.7 billion do not have a decent toilet - around 1 in 5 of the world's population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
Join WaterAid as our State Programme Lead to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you'll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
- Contract type: Fixed term 2 years (Renewable)
- Employment type:Permanent
- Working hours per week:40
- Location:Bauchi, Nigeria
In this role, you will coordinate the implementation of WaterAid's country strategic initiatives at the State level by ensuring that all country thematic activities are properly included in realistic and achievable annual State Programme Plans and delivered through appropriate projects
- Initiate project ideas, develop proposals, implement, and manage grant project activities (including budgets) for State Programmes in line with WaterAid's strategic direction; monitor and evaluate progress of programmes /project under purview in line with WaterAid's PMER standards and guidelines.
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the Local Government Areas in the state to influence the implementation of a district wide approach to WASH services.
- Work collaboratively with PM & Evaluation teams to establish and maintain effective programme/project monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems and processes for both internal and external use.
- Promote a positive working environment that empowers partners to deliver high quality programmes.
- Lead the development of an activity based budgets for state program activities across thematic areas; Accountable for managing budgets aligning the budget with activities and for monitoring to ensure budget performance of multiple partners is according to plan; ensuring good quality financial reports of programmes & from partners in the state are submitted on time. Resolving any inaccuracies in a timely manner. Work collaboratively with Finance Team to ensure timely disbursement of funds required by partners
To be successful, you'll need to meet the following criteria
- Graduate/Masters degree in Development Studies/Management or other related field.
- At least 5 years' experience working in a role with direct focus on development, poverty reduction and WASH.
- Experience managing similar sized grant funded programmes/projects funded by international donors in a developing country context.
- Experience working with partners implementing a grant funded project.
- Strong programme/project management skills, including the ability to ability to initiate, plan, manage and monitor programmes & projects; technical ability to develop programme plans/design log frames etc
- Experience of managing multiple project stakeholders including community level stakeholders; donors; government officials etc
- Experience of project documentation for use in influencing; writing case studies and success stories
- Familiarity with and experience using participatory tools, methods and approaches in project management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good planning & organisational skills. Able to manage own time, as well as plan and prioritise own and others work
- Above average competence in the use of IT tools. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite of computer applications-Word, Excel
How to Apply
Click on 'Apply' to download the job description and click on the link in the Job description.
Deadline for this application is 21 February, 2024
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Nigeria
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
We're looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We're looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.