Community and Events Fundraising Officer
Community and Events Fundraising Officer
Contract: 8 Months Fixed TermContract, Full time
Salary: £31,352 - £32,919 with excellent benefits
Location: London, United Kingdom,
Hybrid Working: A minimum of 40% of working time is spent face to face, either in the London office or as a result of external engagement or travel for WaterAid. WaterAid is located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base for candidates based in the United Kingdom.
Do you want to use your skills in fundraising and relationship management to play a vital role in raising funds from the UK public making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as Community and Events Fundraising Officer to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good.
About the team:
The Community, Events and Education team sit within the Mass Engagement department. The team manage and deliver a diverse portfolio of fundraising and engagement activity ranging from challenge events, our partnership with Glastonbury festival to community fundraising, our volunteer Speaker Network and education engagement. The team delivers far more than income by deepening the engagement of new and existing supporters, raising awareness of WaterAid's work. This role reports to the Senior Community and Events Fundraising Officer.
About the role:
As our enthusiastic and experienced Community and Events Fundraising Officer you will be responsible for project managing and delivering against income and participation targets for third party challenge events - including running, cycling and swimming events at WaterAid. This role will also be responsible for recruiting events participants to events and providing excellent stewardship to events participants across the events portfolio along with support for the wider Community and Events team (such as events inbox management, support with peer-to-peer active events, Sing for Water, treks, merchandise and equipment management). As part of this, you will deliver excellent supporter journeys and create fundraising resources to effectively steward the audiences they support.
- Work with the Senior Community and Events Fundraising Officer and Senior Community and Events Fundraising Manager to identify the strategic direction of third-party events fundraising.
- Manage the logistics and delivery of supporter participation in third party challenge events including training days, cheering points and post-race events and recruiting and managing volunteers as appropriate.
- Maintain and manage stocks and distribute resources to supporters, as required as well as responsibility for organising equipment and logistics for presence at events such as for cheer points and post-race receptions.
- Provide risk assessment, health and safety and best practice relating to events and events fundraising ensuring all managed activity complies.
- Build relationships across WaterAid to ensure cross organisational support for events activities, especially with colleagues in data, supporter care, corporate, water industry partners, communications, and digital teams.
- Experience of community and events fundraising through working or volunteering in the charity sector.
- Demonstrable experience of project management of events activities.
- Experience of working in an office environment, using Microsoft Office packages.
- Demonstrable experience of raising income through events activities.
- Ability to manage own workload, meet deadlines and deliver against objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to inspire supporters and communicate the difference their support makes
- Ability to provide support to individuals, organisations, and companies at all levels.
- Excellent written and numeracy skills with attention to detail.
Closing date: Applications will close at 23:59 on 21st February 2024. Availability for interviews is required the week commencing 26th February 2024.
How to Apply: To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Pre-employment screening: To apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK. All our vacancies require a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to comply with our Safer Recruitment policy
- 36 days' holiday annually (including 8 Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangement
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
- Volunteer Day
Our People Promise:
We will work with passion and focus to ensure safe and sustainable water, toilets and hygiene are available to everyone, everywhere. WaterAid is a place of purpose - where people have a real commitment and shared responsibility for the impact we have. We are a global community with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, motivated by inspiring, stimulating work. We are determined to put the wellbeing of our people first, to be a place where people feel safe and able to contribute their voice and truly live our values.
We are an equal opportunity, disability-confident employer and are dedicated to achieving the highest standards of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, beliefs, customs, traditions and ways of life. This includes, but is not limited to, race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national or social origin, health status, and economic or social situation.
We are also committed to protecting everyone we come into contact with. We have a zero-tolerance approach to abuse of power, privilege or trust across our global work, and any form of inappropriate behaviour, discrimination, abuse, bullying, harassment, or exploitation. Safeguarding the people and communities we work with, our staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. As a safeguarding measure, WaterAid carries out background checks on all potential employees. This is done following the conclusion of recruitment and prior to assuming full employment.