Water Industry Partnerships Officer
Water Industry Partnerships Officer, South, West and Wales Region
Contract: Permanent, Full time, 35 Hours per week
Salary: £31,352 to £32,919 subject to experience, with excellent benefits
Location: London, UK
Hybrid Working Based in the WaterAid London office. When based in the London office (Canary Wharf), a minimum of 40% of working time is spent face to face, either in the office, or as a result of external engagement or travel for WaterAid. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
Want to use your skills to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
We need passionate, creative and dedicated people. In return, you will be encouraged and empowered to be yourself at your very best. Together, we will make a bigger difference.
Join WaterAid as a Water Industry Partnerships Officer to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good.
About the Team:
The WaterAid Water Industry Partnerships Team is responsible for developing and supporting WaterAid's relationships with water companies and the wider water industry in the UK.
About the Role:
The role will be varied with opportunities to specialise and engage with everything from organising high value events, supporting employee fundraising, and coordinating the lottery whilst ensuring that robust systems and processes for partnership working and data management are followed at all times. In this role, you'll;
Support the delivery of high-quality stewardship of water industry partners by:
- Adopting an account management approach for small - medium sized partners and ensuring that each partner is appropriately supported with a partnership development plan in place
- Support the Partnership Manager in the development of strong, trusted relationships and influencing key decision makers within Water Sector Organisation partners
- Lead on event management of high value and mass participation events with Water Company partner organisations.
- Maintain a good knowledge of WaterAid's work and a good understanding of the UK Water sector
- Work closely with Water Industry Partnership (WIP) Officers to ensure best practise and innovative ideas are shared across the team.
To support the successful delivery of WaterAid volunteer-led activities by:
- Provide support to volunteers, ensuring that partner interactions with WaterAid are positive and inspiring
- Ensuring partner committees, are operating according to WaterAid's best practice and legal guidelines
- Ensuring that individual fundraising activities by partner employees are appropriately supported by the WIP Team and/or other WA teams e.g., Community and Events, Communications, Press etc
- Ensure that all organisational systems and processes, including GDPR are implemented and adhered to
- Ensure all partner records are kept up to date on the WaterAid customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Track income to ensure correct coding
- Working style that reflects WaterAid's values of Respect, Accountability, Courage, Collaboration, Integrity and Innovation
- Experience in a charity fundraising and/or customer service role
- Proven ability to effectively manage a busy and varied workload, including several projects at a time, working across teams
- Assertiveness and excellent organisation skills to ensure that deadlines are met, including managing other people's input e.g., volunteers
- Excellent partnership building skills with a talent for spotting potential opportunities
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to provide excellent customer service and support to companies or individuals at all levels
- Experience of dealing engagingly and effectively with external stakeholders
- Endless drive, enthusiasm, and ability to work under own initiative / independently to produce high quality results and meet deadlines
- Strong administrative and IT skills - including spreadsheets - and experience of using customer databases (training given)
Closing date: Applications will close at 23:59 on Sunday 18th February 2024. Shortlisting and interviews may take place on a rolling basis and the application process will close if a suitable candidate is found prior to the advertised closing date Availability for interviews is required the week commencing 26th February 2024
How to Apply: To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Pre-employment screening: To apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK. All our vacancies require a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to comply with our Safer Recruitment policy.
- 36 days' holiday (including 8 Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangement
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
- Volunteer Day
Our People Promise:
We will work with passion and focus to ensure safe and sustainable water, toilets and hygiene are available to everyone, everywhere. WaterAid is a place of purpose - where people have a real commitment and shared responsibility for the impact we have. We are a global community with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, motivated by inspiring, stimulating work. We are determined to put the wellbeing of our people first, to be a place where people feel safe and able to contribute their voice and truly live our values.
We are an equal opportunity, disability-confident employer and are dedicated to achieving the highest standards of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, beliefs, customs, traditions and ways of life. This includes, but is not limited to, race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national or social origin, health status, and economic or social situation.
We are also committed to protecting everyone we come into contact with. We have a zero-tolerance approach to abuse of power, privilege or trust across our global work, and any form of inappropriate behaviour, discrimination, abuse, bullying, harassment, or exploitation. Safeguarding the people and communities we work with, our staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. As a safeguarding measure, WaterAid carries out background checks on all potential employees. This is done following the conclusion of recruitment and prior to assuming full employment.