Contract: Permanent, Full Time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £37,130 - £38,986 with excellent benefits
Location: London, UK
Hybrid Working: A minimum of 40% of working time is spent face to face, either in London office, or as a result of external engagement or travel for WaterAid. WaterAid is located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base.
Want to use your skills in fundraising to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
We need passionate, creative and dedicated people. In return, you will be encouraged and empowered to be yourself at your very best. Together, we will make a bigger difference.
Join WaterAid as Trust Manager to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good.
About the Team:
The WaterAid Philanthropy and Trusts team is an ambitious and supportive team, using their excellent skills in relationship management to work with individual philanthropists, trusts and foundations in support of our mission. This role will play an important part in driving the delivery and growth of our portfolio of trust partnerships.
About the Role:
As our Trust Manager, you will build strategic relationships with trusts new to WaterAid as well as provide first-class stewardship to develop existing trust donors.
To do this you'll:
- Manage and develop your own portfolio of trust donors giving five and six figure grants
- Work with the wider Philanthropy and Trusts team, and Programmes and Policy and Campaigns Departments to build compelling proposals and reports
- Champion collaborative and effective team working
- Help shape the team's strategy and wider processes to support our fundraising efforts
- Support collaborative trust fundraising globally, working with multi-disciplinary teams across WaterAid's country offices and federation members.
- Collaborate with colleagues across WaterAid globally to prepare and deliver high-quality funding propositions, including complex restricted projects, in line with donor requirements.
- Develop knowledge of WaterAid's new global strategy, our activities and priorities in order to inspire new prospects with our mission and vision.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and managing five and six figure funding relationships
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proposals, reports and presentations
- To be a great team player and problem solver, with experience of working with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in handling objections and negotiating successful, mutually beneficial outcomes for internal and external relationships.
- Experience of proposal writing, with the ability to write accurately and persuasively to develop a variety of quality donor communications.
- Excellent numeracy including experience with budgeting
Closing Date: Applications will close at 23:56 on Sunday 18th February 2024. Availability for interviews is required the week commencing 26th February 2024.
How to apply: To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'. Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Pre-employment screening: To apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK. All our vacancies require a basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to comply with our Safer Recruitment policy.
- 36 days' holiday (including 8 Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangement
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
- Volunteer Day
Our People Promise
We will work with passion and focus to ensure safe and sustainable water, toilets and hygiene are available to everyone, everywhere. WaterAid is a place of purpose - where people have a real commitment and shared responsibility for the impact we have. We are a global community with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, motivated by inspiring, stimulating work. We are determined to put the wellbeing of our people first, to be a place where people feel safe and able to contribute their voice and truly live our values.
We are an equal opportunity, disability-confident employer and are dedicated to achieving the highest standards of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, beliefs, customs, traditions and ways of life. This includes, but is not limited to, race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national or social origin, health status, and economic or social situation.
We are also committed to protecting everyone we come into contact with. We have a zero-tolerance approach to abuse of power, privilege or trust across our global work, and any form of inappropriate behaviour, discrimination, abuse, bullying, harassment, or exploitation. Safeguarding the people and communities we work with, our staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. As a safeguarding measure, WaterAid carries out background checks on all potential employees. This is done following the conclusion of recruitment and prior to assuming full employment.