Global IT Operations Manager
Global IT Operations Manager
Contract type - Permanent, Full Time, Hybrid
Salary - Excellent benefits with equivalent competitive salary. Salaries and benefits for different countries will vary in line with the location of the successful candidate and depending on experience. See further details below:
UK, Grade 3: £45,579 - £47,858 per annum with benefits
Sweden, Grade D: 37,000 - 47, 000 SEK per month with benefits
South Africa, Grade F: 716,121 - 895,152 ZAR per annum with benefits
Nigeria; Grade F: 16,281,102- 20,747,993 NGN per annum with benefits
WaterAid UK office is located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in any of the mentioned countries.
Closing date: Applications will close 23:59 on 19th February 2024. Availability for video interview is required 27th February.
How to Apply: To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Want to use your skills in IT Service management to play a vital role in making clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
We need passionate, creative and dedicated people. In return, you will be encouraged and empowered to be yourself at your very best. Together, we will make a bigger difference. Join WaterAid as Global IT Operations Manager to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good.
About the Team:
The WaterAid IT team is customer-facing with a remit for front-line service operations, cyber security, technology change and project delivery, in addition to the development and support of IT infrastructure and application services running across our global organisation. The team also has direct responsibility for 250+ staff working in the UK and provides services and support for WaterAid staff across 20+ countries.
About the Role:
The Global IT Operations Manager will:
- Manage a team of IT professionals, providing guidance, performance feedback, and professional development opportunities whilst creating a sense of teamwork by pulling together colleagues with differing skillsets and expertise.
- Implement processes for tracking procurement, deployment, maintenance, and retirement of all IT assets including hardware, software, and licenses. This will require collaboration with our managed service provider.
- Act as the ITSM tool global administrator, assisting country program offices with maintenance, support, access, development of processes & training.
- Develop, update, and enforce IT policies and procedures in alignment with industry standards and organisational goals.
- Manage the IT departments hub on the internal intranet platform, ensuring that it provides up-to-date information, news, and resources to employees.
- Oversee the transition of completed IT projects from the internal IT operations team, with potential collaboration from 3rd parties to the MSP service delivery team.
- Collaborate with the finance department to code, integrate, and maintain IT-related financial transactions in the organisation's financial systems ensuring accurate allocation of costs, budgets, and expenses related to IT operations.
- Provide oversight and leadership to the Global IT Operations team to ensure a high-quality service is delivered that meets the needs of the stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain a centralised knowledge base repository containing technical documentation, troubleshooting guides, best practices, and user manuals.
- Ensure that IT policies are communicated effectively to all relevant stakeholders and are consistently followed.
- Evaluate and implement automation tools and technologies to streamline repetitive tasks, improve efficiency, and reduce human error.
- Develop technical relationships with key suppliers and business partners.
- Ensure that project handover agreements are clearly defined, detailing responsibilities, documentation, support processes, and timelines.
- Develop and manage the IT operations budget, identifying cost-saving opportunities without compromising service quality.
- Organise the establishment and configuring of training resources for global IT staff as required.
To be successful, you'll need:
- Proven experience in IT Service Management.
- Effective leadership and team management skills to coordinate cross-functional teams and drive collaboration.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of ITIL framework and practices to ensure effective IT operations.
- Experience of working in technical teams delivering complex solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills and experience of liaising with senior stakeholders to deliver activities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify process bottlenecks and implement improvements.
- Project management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to convey complex technical information clearly to various stakeholders.
- Be able to demonstrate evidence of delivering successful target operating model improvements.
- Adept at using relevant software tools and platforms for asset management, knowledge base management, project management, and more.
- IT Project Management expertise
- ITIL Certification
- In depth knowledge of the agile delivery cycle.
- Worked with a Managed Service Provider in a previous role.
Closing date: Applications will close 23:59 on 19th February 2024. Availability for interview is required starting 27th February 2024.
How to Apply: To see the full job pack, please click 'Apply'. Please answer the following questions when submitting your covering letter using no more than 2 sides of A4.
- What excites you most about joining WaterAid?
- What is the depth and breadth of your experience leading IT Service Management across different regions?
Our People Promise:
We will work with passion and focus to ensure safe and sustainable water, toilets and hygiene are available to everyone, everywhere. WaterAid is a place of purpose - where people have a real commitment and shared responsibility for the impact we have. We are a global community with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, motivated by inspiring, stimulating work. We are determined to put the wellbeing of our people first, to be a place where people feel safe and able to contribute their voice and truly live our values.
We are an equal opportunity, disability-confident employer and are dedicated to achieving the highest standards of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, beliefs, customs, traditions and ways of life. This includes, but is not limited to, race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national or social origin, health status, and economic or social situation.
We are also committed to protecting everyone we come into contact with. We have a zero-tolerance approach to abuse of power, privilege or trust across our global work, and any form of inappropriate behaviour, discrimination, abuse, bullying, harassment, or exploitation. Safeguarding the people and communities we work with, our staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously.