Are you a passionate Engineer? Do you have experience in Installation and EPC contracts? Then this job might be for you!
The Construction Department oversees all wind farm projects from start to completion. The team takes responsibility for a wind farm once a contract has been signed and remains responsible until the final tests are completed. Working closely with the sales, legal, logistics, procurement and finance departments, the construction team must keep the project on budget, on schedule and to ensure our internal safety and quality standards are met.
Reporting to the Head of Project Management the main responsibilities are:
- Full project life cycle ownership
- Work creatively and demonstrating teamwork, innovation and standards
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
- Assist in dispute, negotiation, arbitration or litigation, as needed
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team
- Extensive understanding of project management principles, methods and techniques
- Other duties as assigned.
- Engineering degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil. Master's in project management or MBA will be also welcomed.
- At least 7+ years of experience in project management teams and construction, preferably acquired in the wind industry or in the energy sector.
- Experience in installation and EPC contracts. International experience will be a considered as an asset.
- Financial and Contract Management skills
- Strong proficiency in spoken and written English
What We Offer
You'll be working in a fast-growing team which is at the forefront of growth within the wind energy sector. As well as offering an attractive salary and benefits package, we put the emphasis on developing both personal and professional skills.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.