Now you can join the world's most sustainable company in a fast-developing industry. Do you have experience in service management? Do you want to take your personal and professional career to the next level? Then we want to hear from you!
Region NCE > SBU NCE Service > Aberdeen
The Northern Cluster of offshore windfarms consists of EDF's Blyth Demonstrator site (5 x Vestas V164 turbines on a gravity foundation), Cobra's Kincardine offshore windfarm (5 x Vestas V164 turbines on floating foundations) and Vattenfall's Aberdeen Bay European offshore wind development center (11 x Vestas V164 turbines on Jacket foundations).
We are recruiting for a site based Service Manager based either in Aberdeen or Blyth to ensure the safe and efficient operation across the three sites. You will be working in the Service department for Vestas who are the OEM and responsible for the maintenance and repair these offshore wind turbines on behalf of our clients. The Norther Cluster team consists of approximately 20 personnel.
- Working at site and reporting to the UK Service Director
- You will be P&L responsible for your sites and be fully responsible for the service delivery including people management and complex logistics (multiple CTVs)
- Leading the site team to ensure that they deliver optimized operation of Customer assets encompassing Quality, HSE, production performance, asset security, operations and maintenance activities and employee development
- Work closely with the Customer in collaboration with the Customer Management team
- Technical education / degree qualified or relevant industry experience
- Solid experience from working in a similar position in an international service organisation within the wind or offshore industry is preferable
- Proven experience with leadership and people management
- Good business skills and a customer-focused, solution- and improvement-oriented mindset
- Financial insight and experience with full P&L responsibility, which includes knowledge of key figures and KPIs
- Fluency in English, both verbally and in writing
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and develop others
- You take full ownership of issues in your area until a solution has been identified and implemented
- Great communication skills, combined with a commercial and strategic mindset and experience with change and conflict management
- Good stakeholder management skills and a positive attitude, always aiming to understand the need of our customers
- Structured and focused on the important details, while thriving in an innovative and fast-growing environment
- Good IT skills, experienced with Office applications.
- Full driving license
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with great opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment with the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions.
We value initiative, responsibility and the balance between creativity and quality in all solutions, and this is your chance to make your mark on our service strategy. You will become part of a dedicated team in a highly professional environment with a proven technical commitment.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 6/11/2023
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.