Trainee Service Techinician - France (M/F)
You are looking for an in intership and want to gain experience in an international group, leader in its market? Join Vestas, a growing wind energy company. You will improve your skills in electricity, mechanics, and hydraulics and contribute to the energy transition
Sales/SBU MED /Service
Integrating the Service Department of Vestas France, you will be on the edge of the wind energy innovation with an essential role with our customers: Your mission will be to optimize our client’s wind farms during their life cycle, ensuring the maximum capacity of the wind turbines and provide the best energy efficiency.
Reporting to the Area Supervisor, depending on your technical skills, you will handle the following tasks :
- Carry out periodic service inspections in accordance with Vestas' specifications alongside both electrical, mechanical, and hydraulics component replacement and troubleshooting
- Ensure a smooth operation of our turbines and use of our systems within condition monitoring and remote control
- Maintain an efficient service vehicle and well-stocked warehouse by ordering materials, tools, and spare parts when needed
- Assemble components and main components according to current rules or work instructions, if necessary, making use of internal or external cranes
- Work to the highest safety and environmental standards whilst ensuring that service targets are met
- Bachelor’s degree, BTS/DUT industrial or Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, BZEE certification would be a plus
- Proactive contact with customers regarding completed and upcoming service and repairs Flexible, autonomous, results-oriented, innovative, mobility required because trips are planned for the activity
- Knowledge of technical English (written/spoken) and familiar with the Office Pack.
- Good communication, team spirit
- Solid commitment to the concept of safety in general and safety in the work environment, ability to work at height.
What we offer
- Career perspectives in an exciting job in a progressive and international environment
- A secure environment that will protect you while working in the field, as well as the best specific protection equipment on the market thanks to strict security rules
- Integrating Vestas, means joining an International Group, leader of the Wind Power market, with 40 years of experience.
- Vestas has been in France for more than 20 years; we have 530 employees at the moment are still growing! Today, 300 out of the 530 French employees are Service Operators or Service Technicians and we recruit more than 100 of these profiles every year!
- In 2020, for the 7th consecutive year, Vestas France is the Leader of the French Wind Power market and represents 50 % of the latest Power facilities installations
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.