Technical Business Development Manager
Terra Firma Solutions
IT, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
JOB TITLE: Technical Business Development Manager
MANAGER: Engineering Executive
LOCATION: Cape Town
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIRMENTS
- Engineering Degree or similar
- Valid Driver’s License
- Own vehicle
- National and Select Continental Travel will be required from time to time.
- Very strong technical problem-solving skills with the ability to provide solutions in client meetings when presented with technical queries.
- Solar PV, Energy and Storage Modelling Skills and detailed understanding of PV Sol Premium, PV Syst, Excel and electricity tariff structures
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly Analytical and Attention to Detail
- Excellent Communications Skills for presentations and meetings
- Excellent Office skills and computer literacy
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently.
- Client and Team Management
- Excellent Time Management and Communication
- Strong financial literacy
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint template development
- Significant experience in the energy sector, particularly around solar PV and storage
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This is a Senior Management, Investment Committee and Deals position and currently has 1 direct report.
- Leadership of the Technical Business Development Team (of which this position is also a member) to produce the following deliverables.
- Preparation of concept and preliminary designs for solar photovoltaic and energy storage projects, including the technical solution, cost and go to market model.
- Preparation of tender and proposal documentation
- Preparation of deal and sales presentations surrounding projects and portfolios
- Detailed costing of solutions and financial modelling in developing the deal for presentation to the client
- Team Lead and Management of the delivery of large-scale RFPs of the utility scale for both utility and private client.
- Responsible for Research and Development of new technologies and technical solutions to enhance overall Terra Firma business offering including.
- Identify new technology in the PV/Storage/EV Space
- Integrate new technology into current designs and projects.
- Development of new solution offerings such as SEEMs.
- Attending business development client meetings acting in the role of technical expert and sales support to the Business Development Team and Chief Executive Officer when required
- Solving of a variety of ad hoc client and internal requests, providing quick turnaround times
- Management of the Master Sales Pipeline File and associated EXCO reporting