Business Development Associates, Kenya
Solar Sister Kenya is looking for mature, dynamic candidates for Business Development Associate Trainee positions for Siaya, Makueni, Nandi, and Kakamega.
Join a dynamic team! We are currently hiring for locations in:
1. Siaya 2. Makueni 3. Nandi 4. Kakamega
Solar Sister Kenya is seeking dynamic candidates for Business Development Associate Trainee positions who will be responsible for the recruitment, training, mentorship, and support of Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in the above-mentioned regions.
The Business Development Associate Trainee will oversee, support, and guide the Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in growing and developing their small business or business ventures to bring clean energy to their communities.
Our ideal candidate will bring a commitment to Solar Sister’s mission of creating energy access for everyone, everywhere. The candidate will be able to work independently, have a strong background in training, coaching, and mentoring, have strong past experience in business and Sales/marketing, and have a solid understanding of coaching principles related to an entrepreneurial venture. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
Key responsibilities include:
● Represent Solar Sister in the designated region.
● Recruit new Solar Sister Entrepreneurs to the portfolio.
● Train new Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in business skills, entrepreneurship skills, technical knowledge, leadership skills, and agency skills using the Solar Sister methodology.
● Coach new and existing Solar Sister Entrepreneurs by providing guidance, support, and challenge to help them build and grow their businesses.
● Support Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in identifying business and market opportunities.
● Contribute to the identification of new clean energy products or services for existing markets or new markets for existing products and services.
● Arrange and facilitate weekly meetings with Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in their communities.
● Manage logistics for distribution of products for region, including ordering, safekeeping, and distribution of products for entrepreneurs’ inventories.
● Process all sales transactions in accordance with Solar Sister procedures.
● Maintain and update all required reports and data in Solar Sister’s CRM tool.
● Achieve impact targets for regions aligned with enterprise goals.
● Manage and coordinate all administrative functions as they relate to the role functions and requirements.
Requirements and Skills:
● Excellent leadership skills.
● Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel).
● Good organizational and multitasking abilities.
● Business/Entrepreneurial orientation.
● Hands-on experience in managing teams.
● Excellent attention to detail.
● Must have a strong personality and be firm.
● Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
● Time management skills.
● Good team-building skills.
● Ability to work with Solar Sister’s CRM applications.
Minimum Job Requirements:
● Minimum of one year of relevant working experience.
● Minimum of a Diploma from a recognized institution. A Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage.
Monthly Gross Salary of KES 25,000 and a monthly traveling allowance depending on location. In addition, Solar Sister offers a generous benefits package, 21 days of PTO, a 2-week office closure in December, and a flexible work environment.
How to apply:
Solar Sister values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Solar Sister is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are made without consideration of race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.