Business Development Associates, Tanzania
Reports To: Business Development Manager
Location: Tanzania (Multiple regions)
Solar Sister Nigeria is seeking dynamic candidates for Business Development Associate positions. Join a dynamic team!
We are currently hiring for locations in:
- Morogoro Municipal
The Business Development Associate is responsible for recruiting, training, and supporting a network of women entrepreneurs (“Solar Sister Entrepreneurs”) in a defined region. The Business Development Associate is responsible for overseeing, assisting, and guiding the Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in growing and developing their small business or business ventures to bring clean energy access to their communities. Our ideal candidate will bring a commitment to Solar Sister’s mission of creating energy access for everyone, everywhere. The candidate will have the ability to work independently and will have a strong background in training, coaching, and mentoring and strong past experience in understanding business and Sales/marketing as well as a solid understanding of coaching principles as they relate to an entrepreneurial venture. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required. This position is full-time and requires frequent travel to develop and support the network of entrepreneurs.
Ultimately, the role holder will boost sales and contribute to the organization’s long-term business growth.
- Represent Solar Sister in a designated region
- Recruit new Solar Sister Entrepreneurs to the network
- Train new Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in business skills, entrepreneurship skills, technical knowledge, leadership skills, and agency skills using the Solar Sister methodology
- Coach new and existing Solar Sister Entrepreneurs by providing guidance, support, and challenge to help them build and grow their businesses
- Work alongside Solar Sister Entrepreneurs to identify opportunities
- Work alongside Solar Sister Entrepreneurs to identify solutions to their business challenges
- Work alongside Solar Sister Entrepreneurs to develop long-term, well-defined goals and realistic action plans to increase their sales to new and existing customers.
- Aid in the identification of new products or services for existing markets or new markets for existing products and services
- Arrange and facilitate weekly meetings with Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in their communities.
- Manage logistics for distribution of products for region, including ordering, safekeeping, and distribution of products for entrepreneurs’ inventories.
- Process all sales transactions in accordance with Solar Sister procedures
- Maintain and update all required reports and data in Solar Sister’s CRM tool
- Achieve impact targets for regions aligned with enterprise goals
- Manage and coordinate all administrative functions as it relates to the role functions and requirements
Professional & Academic Qualifications
- Minimum of one year relevant working experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized institution
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel)
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Business/Entrepreneurial orientation
- Hands-on experience in managing teams
- The ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must have a strong personality and be firm
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Time management skills
- Good team-building skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to accept and provide constructive feedback
- Effective deadline management skills
- Community development engagement experience
- Knowledge of the predominant local language is essential.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their CV and a brief letter of introduction explaining their interest in and qualifications for the position to Tzjobs@solarsister.org with the Job title with the region as the subject of the email latest Monday 4, Dec, 2023 at 11:59 pm EAT.