Business Development Associate, Kenya
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Solar Sister Kenya is seeking dynamic candidates for Business Development Associate positions.
Join a dynamic team! We are currently hiring for locations in:
- Tharaka Nithi
- Uasin Gishu
- Trans- Nzoia
Solar Sister Kenya is seeking dynamic candidates for Business Development Associate positions who will be responsible for the recruitment, training, mentorship, and support of Solar Sister Entrepreneurs across Kenya.
The Business Development Associate will oversee, support, and guide the Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in growing and developing their small business or business ventures to bring clean energy access to their communities.
Our ideal candidate will bring a commitment to Solar Sister’s mission of creating energy access for everyone, everywhere. The candidate will have the ability to work independently, a strong background in training, coaching, and mentoring, strong past experience in understanding business and Sales/marketing, and a solid understanding of coaching principles as it relates to an entrepreneurial venture. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Represent Solar Sister in the designated region
- Recruit new Solar Sister Entrepreneurs to the portfolio
- Train new Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in business skills, entrepreneurship skills, technical knowledge, leadership skills, and agency skills using the Solar Sister methodology
- Coach new and existing Solar Sister Entrepreneurs by providing guidance, support, and challenge to help them build and grow their businesses
- Support Solar Sister Entrepreneurs to identify business and market opportunities
- Contribute to the identification of new clean energy products or services for existing markets or new markets for existing products and services
- Arrange and facilitate weekly meetings with Solar Sister Entrepreneurs in their
- Manage logistics for distribution of products for region, including ordering, safekeeping, and distribution of products for entrepreneurs’ inventories Process all sales transactions in accordance with Solar Sister procedures
- Maintain and update all required reports and data in Solar Sister’s CRM tool.
- Achieve impact targets for region aligned with enterprise goals
- Manage and coordinate all administrative functions as it relates to the role functions and requirements
Requirements and Skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel)
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities
- Business/Entrepreneurial orientation
- Hands-on experience in managing teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must have a strong personality and be firm
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Time management skills
- Good team-building skills
- Ability to work with Solar Sister’s CRM applications.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum of one-year relevant working experience
- Minimum of a Diploma from a recognized institution. A Bachelor’s Degree will be an added advantage.
Annual Gross Salary of KES 480,000 and traveling allowance of KES 15,000 monthly. In addition, Solar Sister offers a generous benefits package, 21 days of PTO, 2-week office closure in December, and a flexible work environment.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their resumé and cover letter describing why they are the best fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Business Development Associate, Kenya, and your location ” in the subject line. Applications close on Tuesday, 3rd January 2023, at 11:59 pm EAT.
Solar Sister values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Solar Sister is an equal-opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are made without consideration of race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.