Aseela 100 MW project Team Leader (to work in Ethiopia)
It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join us in creating a better future for our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organisation.
How to contribute to our vision
Are you looking to take your career to the next level by joining a fast growing and innovative company in the energy space? Look no further…Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is the place for you!
We are looking for Lead Technician to join the team with the view to progress to Aseela 100 MW project Team Leader level at our site in wind farm, Ethiopia
As a Lead Technician you will perform troubleshooting, maintenance, and inspections on the customers wind turbine sites
Travel could be over 50% in the first year of employment for training purposes, followed by 10% travel in the following years per business needs
The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead, analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently. They will provide excellent service to our customers, could work on complex systems in challenging environments, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices. Safety and Quality form a central part of our culture, and the ideal candidate will have a strong focus on both.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a growing team within a dynamic business, delivering innovation to the renewable energy.
Some of your key tasks will include but not be limited to:
• Ensures adherence to defined guidelines, processes, and procedures, for all site operations assigned.
• Oversees completion of site administration according to performance standards agreed (on schedule, at requisite quality level, on-budget).
• Assumes economic responsibility, e.g., calculates material, personnel, and running contract costs for suppliers.
• Represents the site in all decision-making committees of the project (towards own management, customer, and team).
• Coordinates contractors before and during execution of work.
• Establishes efficient methods/processes for site controlling and reporting.
• Assesses risks/opportunities at the construction site (e.g., economic, organizational or contractual risks, acceptance criteria, change request procedures).
• Monitors compliance of standards, regulations, laws, quality and EHS -guidelines.
• Leads qualified employees in a number of functional teams, at the site assigned.
• Leading Safety Culture onsite
• Ensuring employee health and safety policies and procedures are followed
• Hold overall responsibility for site performance
• Commercial responsibility for successful onsite operations
• Drive continuous process improvements
• Training assessments (technical and non-technical)
• Operational risk management
• Performance reviews for technicians
• Administer disciplinary actions for any violations
• Escalate technical issues to supporting engineering functions
• Coordinates contractors before, during, and after execution of work.
• Be self-motivated, able to think quickly and address issues as they arise
What you need to make a difference
A passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for…
• Minimum 3+ years wind experience with a bachelor’s degree or 5+ plus years Wind experience with an Associates or Trade School Degree/Certification.
• Experience leading a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft software suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Ability to climb to heights up to 250 feet or greater and work in confined spaces
• Must meet body weight restrictions of 265 pounds or less as required by the safety regulations
• Must pass a physical administered by a medical practitioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
• Driving is an essential function of the job and applicants must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application with an acceptable driving record. Employees must maintain a valid license and acceptable driving record and may be subject to periodic DMV checks of their license.
In return of your commitment, we offer you…
• Flexible working arrangements can be negotiated with the Hiring Manager.
• Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
• A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
• Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
• Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organisation
• Competitive pension Scheme
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organisation. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
We believe diversity creates more opportunity for success. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life: it doesn’t matter the gender, age, ethnic background, sexual orientation or disability. Our main aim is to find people from around the globe who can contribute to world-changing technology
Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer and maintains a work environment that is free from discrimination and where employees are treated with dignity and respect. Employment at Siemens Gamesa is based solely on an individual's merit and qualifications, which are directly related to job competence. Siemens Gamesa does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, ancestry, genetic information, citizenship, religion, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, rules or regulations. We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, promotion and benefits.
We are driven by people - from more than 100 different countries, they build the company we are every day. Our diverse and inclusive culture encourages us to think outside the box, speak without fear, and be bold. We value the flexibility that our smart-working arrangements, our digital disconnection framework and our family-friendly practices bring to the new way of working.