Superintendent : Mechanical (Recovery)
Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Superintendent : Mechanical (Recovery) (HRL 15U)
We are hiring!
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centred around safety, integrity, courage, making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive and safe environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Superintendent: Mechanical (Recovery) to perform frontline management of the mechanical maintenance function in a designated process plant.
As a Superintendent: Mechanical (Recovery), you will be responsible for:
- Assess equipment, material, and labour required to complete large and/or complex maintenance tasks
- Ensure maintenance activities meet set standards and resolve defined issues while reducing wasted resources
- Collaborate with stakeholders to implement and maintain services and/or programs
- Coordinate the services and activities of outside contractors to ensure work is completed in a safe, effective, and timely manner and meets Mill’s standards and objectives.
- Directly assigned maintenance staff to resolve complex and/or difficult maintenance issues to ensure that Mill sections are maintained in a safe and effective working environment
- Maintain a variety of manual and electronic files and/or records to provide up-to-date references that comply with regulatory requirements and established guidelines
- Maintain assigned tools, equipment, and vehicle(s) to ensure their availability as needed to meet assigned maintenance objectives
- Perform a wide variety of skilled maintenance activities to ensure that maintenance issues are resolved and projects are completed in a safe, effective, and timely manner.
- Prepare a variety of program-mandated documents and reports to document activities and comply with Mill and/or legal requirements
- Prioritize and assign mechanical-related orders to skilled maintenance staff to ensure that sections are maintained safely whilst meeting guidelines within the approved budget
- Assist in the personnel management of department employees (e.g. selection of new hires, promotions, terminations, transfers, supervising, disciplining, training, etc.) ensuring adequate staffing and productivity of the workforce
- Evaluate and direct the performance of the team against goals and standards to ensure maximum performance
- Monitor subordinate’s performance against SHEQ requirements and correct non-conformances
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time
What are we looking for?
- NQF4 qualification with a relevant Trade Test Certificate
- Minimum 5 years post trade test experience
- Supervisory experience would be advantageous
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
- Learning and development programmes to fast-track your career within Sappi
- Opportunities to travel (dependent on the role)
- Market-leading leave benefits
- Employee wellbeing benefits
Closing Date: 26 February 2024
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below if you encounter any issues while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. At Sappi, we encourage and support vaccination.