Sappi Southern Africa
We are hiring!
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centered around safety, integrity, courage, and making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive and safe environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Boilermaker to safely perform maintenance tasks to ensure long-term plant reliability.
As a Boilermaker, you will be responsible to:
- Execute assigned scheduled and / or planned maintenance tasks.
- Improve Master data accuracy.
- Assist with the scoping of work.
- Reporting and communication to the Foreman.
- Knowledge sharing within and across teams in the section and in other areas of the plant.
- Take out work permit according to Sappi policy.
- Correct selection and use of tools for each job.
- Perform tasks as per generally accepted engineering practices.
- Complete daily and weekly inspections on equipment according to a detailed checklist.
- Report all defects and equipment risks to the direct supervisor.
- Move and transport equipment in workplace as and when required.
- Comply with SAP business processes, complete notifications and work orders on the SAP system.
- Necessary to work standby and overtime as required.
- Understand and comply with the safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements of the section.
- Comply and perform tasks as per the organisations policies, procedures and best operating practices.
- Participate in the investigation of SHEQ incidents on request and help to identify root causes for non-conformance.
- Maintain a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all times.
- Take ownership of workshop safety equipment as well as safe operation of all staff members.
- Ensure legal compliance of all staff members
What are we looking for?
- Grade 12 (Mathematics & Physical Science) or N3 Engineering.
- Recognised Trade Test Certificate as a Boilermaker.
- Valid Driver’s licence.
- 2 years post apprenticeship in a heavy Engineering environment will be advantageous.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
- Learning and development programmes.
- Opportunities to travel (dependent on the role).
- Market-leading leave benefits.
- Employee wellbeing benefits.
Closing Date: 26 February 2024
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below if you encounter any issues while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. At Sappi, we encourage and support vaccination.