Sappi Southern Africa
Shift Millwright (HRL 14)
We are hiring!
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centred around safety, integrity, courage, making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive and safe environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Shift Millwright to provide first line breakdown maintenance on a shift basis in order to maximise production and minimise plant downtime and to support plant maintenance teams during planned shutdown work.
As a Shift Millwright, you will be responsible for:
- Diagnose, fault find and repair all mechanical breakdowns and defects mill wide
- Perform mechanical repairs by removing and replacing mechanical equipment and any other mechanical equipment in area of responsibility
- Overhaul equipment and change seals and bearings where required
- Remove and replace solenoid valves and directional control valves and block valves on pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Repair and unblock pneumatic lines and rotameters
- Perform PVC welding and construction
- Install, repair or replace automated lubricators, oil and air filters and breathers, pressure regulators and hydraulic cylinders
- Perform fault finding on electrical systems during breakdowns and effect the required repairs to keep downtime to a minimum
- Trace electrical faults in electrical motors and control circuits by using relevant testers and meters
- Perform electrical repairs by removing and replacing electric motors and the driven machinery
- Perform fault finding on PLCs and VSDs and effect required repairs where required
- Understand and comply with the safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements.
What are we looking for?
- Grade 12 or N2 Engineering
- Recognised Trade Test certificate as Millwright
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience post trade test in a heavy industry environment whilst 5 years industry experience will be advantageous
What’s in it for you?
Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
learning and development programmes to fast-track your career within Sappi
Opportunities to travel (dependent on the role)
Market-leading leave benefits
Employee wellbeing benefits
Closing Date: 20 February 2024
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issues while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. At Sappi, we encourage and support vaccination.