Attendant: River Pump
Sappi Southern Africa
Attendant: River Pump (P13)
We are hiring!
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centred around safety, integrity, courage, making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive and safe environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Attendant : River Pumps to assist the River Pump Process Controller for the safe and efficient operation of the River Pumps.
As an Attendant : River Pumps, you will be responsible for:
- Takes and hands over shift.
- Checks the manual chemical distribution tank levels and mix it
during flood conditions.
- Checks river level, assess the condition and report to the
- Washes equipment to remove sludge build up.
- Transfers chemicals from road tanker to storage tanks.
- Closes relevant valves in order of importance during a power
failure, on instruction from the River Pump Operator.
- Opens or close valves when pumps are started/stopped, and
- during washing of settling units on instruction from the River
- Controls water level of balancing basins by monitoring
- consumption from the respective sections of the plant.
- De-sludge the following units when necessary on instruction from
the River Pump Operator – (Moore units, transfer tanks, basin
and inlet launders, four million “A” and “B” Reservoirs.
- Collects Water samples for analysis as required.
- Reports defects or any abnormal conditions of the plant.
- Monitors the condition of the water and report any malfunctions within the plant.
- Carries out Plant related tasks on instruction from the Supervisor
What are we looking for?
- Matric and/or N3 Engineering Certificate (4 subjects)
- Minimum 3 months experience as Process Trainee.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
- Learning and development programmes to fast-track your career within Sappi
- Opportunities to travel (dependent on the role)
- Market-leading leave benefits
- Employee wellbeing benefits
Closing Date: 20 February 2024
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issues while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. At Sappi, we encourage and support vaccination.