Outside Operator Outside Services
Sappi Southern Africa
Outside Operator Outside Services (P11)
We are hiring!
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centered around safety, integrity, courage, and making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive and safe environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced Outside Operator Outside Services for the daily monitoring of water, effluent and sewerage, plant specifications to DWAF and SABS standards, as well as various other administrative and monitoring tasks regarding water, effluent and sewerage plant.
As an Outside Operator Outside Services, you will be responsible for:
- Take water and sewage samples to the laboratory.
- Inspect North and East Storm water drains and report deviations.
- Visit water, effluent and sewage plants to determine needs and supply accordingly.
- Carry out river and eye sampling and record flows (9 sampling points).
- Carry out fresh water, sewage and Effluent lines inspections and report deviations.
- Inspect reservoirs and pump stations (4 reservoirs, 6 pump stations) and take corrective action
- Supply equipment and assist with cleaning of sewage maturation ponds every 3 months.
- Assist with chlorine handling at the Sewage Plant.
- Arrange the offloading of lime trucks at the water treatment plant monthly.
- Assist with shut preparations and with various tasks during shuts.
- Assist with troubleshooting regarding stormwater and sewage contamination.
- Carry out various tasks as requested by the Outside Services Superintendent.
- Assist with standby duties for Outside Services and Farm.
- Perform v-norch measurement at Ngodwana Dam.
- Assist with weekly and Dam inspections.
- Distribution of coffee, tea and sugar monthly
- Assist in general housekeeping for the Outside Services plants.
- Assist and distribute consumables to the plants.
- Assist maintaining, updating and prioritizing the shut list of the plant equipment.
- Keep records of relevant operating information, mechanical and or electrical defects on the appropriate log sheets.
- Communicate with the relevant person depending on who is responsible for the defect in the equipment.
- SAP PM notifications.
- Work Permit book.
- OEE Entries.
- Daily Log sheets.
- Create a safe work environment by identifying and managing risks.
- Reports accidents, injuries and fires immediately to the Superintendent.
- Accountable to ensure adherence to all safety BP’s, procedures and BBS practices.
- Ensure adherence to specific Legal regulatory requirements.
- Do plant walkabouts and inspections and take corrective action where required.
- Assist to achieve 5S status in area of responsibility.
- Participate in the BBS program.
- Self-Development (PDP).
- Accurately capture data, enabling accurate plant efficiency calculations.
- Record all relevant plant deviations and notifications.
- Do time management
- Management of safety file.
- Distribute monthly pay slips and standby list to outside plant.
What are we looking for?
- Matric with Maths and Physical Science or N3 Water and Wastewater treatment
- National Diploma in Chemical Engineering or Water and Wastewater treatment will be advantageous.
- 2-3 Years relevant experience.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
- Learning and development programmes
- Opportunities to travel (dependent on the role)
- Market-leading leave benefits
- Employee wellbeing benefits
Closing Date: 21 February 2024
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issues while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. At Sappi, we encourage and support vaccination.