SAP & Maintenance Systems Specialist
Sappi Southern Africa
Head Office - Rosebank Johannesburg
Business Process Engineer - SAP PM PS and IM (HRL 18)
We are hiring!
At Sappi, we are a leading global provider with a reputation for delivering high-quality sustainable Woodfibre products and solutions for the global markets. We lead through our values centred around safety, integrity, courage, making smart decisions which we execute with speed. We are seeking unique people who believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive and safe environment.
We’re on the lookout for an experienced SAP and Maintenance Systems Specialist to provide the leading regional role in executing the function of Business Process Engineer for SAP PM, PS & IM in terms of its impact on maintenance, engineering, and projects. To also maintain, design, develop, test, and deploy detailed business processes as well as system improvements and user authorizations relating to SAP PM, PS & IM for the region.
As a SAP and Maintenance Systems Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Review current SAP PM, PS & IM processes and identify problem areas, inefficiencies and control weaknesses. Proactively identify improvement opportunities.
- Provide SAP PM, PS & IM subject matter input and facilitate the maintenance and development of these existing, improved and future business processes.
- Investigate and implement new technology solutions that will enhance these business processes.
- Participate in user acceptance testing. Provide detailed feedback on whether the developed solution meets the documented business requirements.
- Review problem logs and identify the root causes of repetitive business issues.
- Development and updating of the Regional Maintenance Policy, SAP Plant Maintenance and Projects System business processes.
- Develop incumbents in Project Management, SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) & Project Systems (PS) to ensure that users are competent and that they effectively utilise the system. This includes system enhancements due to SAP System upgrades or new reports developed.
- Responsible for auditing the PS and Investment Module (IM) prior to year-end and guiding data cleanup in preparation for the new Capex, Renewal and Shut Budgets loaded into the Investment Module. Ensure Maintenance and reporting of Investment Management Budgets at Financial Year end and approved changes during the year are captured.
- Responsible for the management of the SAP IM Module.
- Provide SAP PS System Data in support of Regional Spend per project and Investment Reason.
- Initiates the SAP PS Steering committee meeting for the sharing and development of PS Methodologies and Reports both PS and integration with PM.
- Undertake RIS Projects as required which enhance Business Security and effectiveness for the PM,PS and IM Modules.
- Maintain SAP PM and PS system configuration/integrity.
- Physical audits/health checks on the SAP PM and PS systems
What are we looking for?
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (S4 or N6) as a minimum requirement.
- BEng/BSc/BTech Degree in Mechanical Engineering would be advantageous
- Must have at least 10 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer
- Plant Maintenance & Project Management experience
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience in SAP PM and working knowledge of SAP PS and IM
What’s in it for you?
• Opportunity to work within a global organisation that continues to thrive in a rapidly changing world even after 80 years of existence
• Learning and development programmes to fast-track your career within Sappi
• Opportunities to travel (dependent on the role)
• Market-leading leave benefits
• Employee wellbeing benefits
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below if you encounter any issues while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. At Sappi, we encourage and support vaccination.