Regen Organics is an industry leader in the production and distribution of organic fertilizer. Our organic fertilizer increases yields by 30% and incomes by 40%, while also transforming soils and the environment for future growth. For its work in inspiring a regenerative agriculture revolution, stimulating job creation, and promoting the circular economy, Regen has been internationally recognized by The Earthshot Prize, The Keeling Curve Prize, the Food Planet Prize and the Zayed Sustainability Prize. We operate the largest organic recycling plant in East Africa.
Our signature product, Evergrow Organic Fertilizer, is the largest organic fertilizer brand in East Africa, and we market it under the Farmstar brand. We currently work with 150 distributors and aim to scale to 300 distributors, each moving up to 5M KES annually of our product (about 100T/distributor annually), while enhancing our last mile marketing efforts to reach 50,000 small scale farmers by 2028. We aim to launch an agents sales model that will increase our
capacity to market to farmers at grassroot level. We will also partner with leading mineral fertilizer companies to produce biofertilizers.
To achieve our growth targets, we are urgently seeking a Sales Consultant to develop and implement our sales model.
Area Agent Model Implementation:
● Introduce and implement the area agent model for sales, ensuring agents are motivated through piece-rate incentives for inputs and commission-based
remuneration for sales made.
● Collaborate with stakeholders to establish fair and competitive compensation structures for area agents.
● Develop a model for hiring, training, and retaining the agents.
● Develop ideal management structures to drive effectiveness of the area agents.The management structure should be within the required cost of sales.
Direct sales to corporate & large farms:
● Refine our direct sales approach to corporate clients and large farms.
Monitoring and Control:
● Develop and enhance systems to monitor and control the execution of sales activities across all levels in the sales team.
● Implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate the effectiveness of sales strategies and provide regular reports to the management team.
Market Analysis and Strategy:
● Collaborate with the marketing team to conduct market analysis and identify opportunities for growth.
● Contribute to the development of sales strategies based on market trends, competitor analysis, and customer feedback.
Experimentation and Optimization:
● Design and oversee experiments to optimize the effectiveness of the promotional mix in identifying and converting end users to purchase our products from distributors.
● Analyze experiment results and make data-driven recommendations to improve promotional strategies.
● >10 years experience in developing and implementing successful sales strategies in the agricultural sector.
● Specific experience in designing, building and implementing agent sales models is preferable.
● Experience in building effective below the line and through the line marketing strategies to smallholder farmers will be preferred.
● Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field; Master's degree is a plus.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to analyze data and make informed, data-driven decisions.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Kenya (with HQ in Nairobi). 40% time allocation for travel across Kenya.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 5.
Regen Organics/FreshLife is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.