Regen Organics, part of The Sanergy Collaborative, is an award-winning company with operations in Nairobi, Kenya.
We are focused on spurring a regenerative agriculture revolution for farmers in the developing world and for our
planet. Operational since 2011, we manufacture agricultural inputs from organic waste streams using a circular
economy approach. We collect and treat over 50,000T of waste per year, and successfully sell its agricultural end
products to farmers, who are seeing improved yields and increased incomes. These inputs include insect protein,
organic fertilizer, and biomass briquettes. We have built a team of over 300 people from diverse backgrounds who
solve diverse problems, but all who embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our
goals. For our work in inspiring a regenerative agriculture revolution, stimulating job creation, and promoting the
circular economy, we have been recognized by The Earthshot Prize, The Keeling Curve Prize, the Food Planet Prize and
the Zayed Sustainability Prize. We operate the largest organic recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
The Grants Manager joins us at a critical juncture. We are ramping up expansion in Kenya and throughout
sub-Saharan Africa with its innovative circular economy approach, while at the same time undertaking pioneering
research on regenerative agriculture in Africa and entering into both traditional and blockchain-enabled carbon
markets. The hire will be uniquely responsible for identifying and securing grants with key multilaterals, research
agencies, prizes, and foundations. The manager will work closely with both our operations and finance teams to
successfully realize the goals of these grants. The manager will also lead a small grants team. We are looking for
someone who has great, relevant networks and impeccable communication skills, is relentlessly creative, and deeply
mission-aligned with our team.
● Achieve Regen’s ambitious fundraising targets through building partnerships with key stakeholders
● Lead strategy for all aspects of donor relationships, including conducting baseline prospect-identification and
research, preparation of proposals, solicitation, closure, and stewardship.
● Develop and implement a robust, standardized process for researching, developing and managing a strong
pipeline of grant-funding opportunities
● Lead the the grant team in developing excellent concept notes and applications with a high success rate
● Work directly with executive leadership to secure these partnerships.
● Build strong, trust-based relationships with key stakeholders at multilaterals, governments, research institutions,
and in the regenerative agriculture industry.
● Represent Regen externally with funders, government, and other key stakeholders.
● Engage operational teams to understand their challenges and needs, and work with them to realize grants
● Engage finance teams to work seamlessly for project planning and timely reporting
● 5 years of experience and proven track record in building partnerships, particularly with institutional funders.
● A track record in raising and managing >5M / year is desired.
● Deep, relevant networks in the multilateral donor circles.
● Highly organized and able to follow through and prioritize tasks.
● Impeccable integrity and ethics.
● An highly effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills and a
willingness to share information; required fluency in English.
● Experience with people management
Location: Kenya (with HQ in Nairobi). 40% time allocation for travel across Kenya.
Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, but we ask that interested applicants please submit your CV and
cover letter to email@example.com by Feb 12 2024.
Regen Organics/FreshLife is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.