Executive Project Analyst
We are an insuretech firm that provides agriculture insurance design and execution services, specialising in index based insurance and are backed by top tier VC investors who have invested more than $25 million in the business. Since 2015 we have provided climate insurance to 15.4 million smallholder farmers, 41% of which were women across 19 markets in Africa and Asia who pay an average of $6.8 per season to insure their crops. So far we've unlocked over $2.22 billion of capital from local and international insurance markets for climate risks since we started in 2015 and paid out $40.8 million to our client farmers.
Pula is a fast-paced space, constantly adapting to new opportunities and challenges and we are made up of a high-performance, multi-cultural team. We expect our team to value performance, results and professionalism.
At Pula, our values are:
- Obsessed with results: We are responsible for our future and therefore we get things done!
- Connect the Dots: We continuously identify different customer needs & business problems and build solutions that deliver value.
- Have a Can do Attitude! We dare to do things differently to make things work.
- We have each others’ back: We look out for each other & we share high quality, timely feedback that makes us better.
What you bring to the table
We are seeking a dynamic and analytical professional to join our organization in the role of Executive Project Analyst Reporting Directly to the CEO. This position is more than just a conventional assistant, we are looking for an individual with strong analytical and commercial acumen, capable of managing day-to-day operations while aligning seamlessly with the Senior Management Team (SMT). This role requires a sharp-minded individual who can execute tasks with precision, provide insightful analysis, and adeptly wear multiple hats as a generalist, all while excelling in project management.
What you will be doing
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team to understand organizational goals, strategies, and priorities.
- Align day-to-day activities with the overarching strategic vision of the company.
- Conduct thorough analysis of business processes, market trends, and competitive landscapes.
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations based on data-driven analyses.
- Oversee and manage a portfolio of small to medium-sized projects, ensuring timely and successful completion. Develop and implement project plans, including milestones, timelines, and resource allocation.
- Identify opportunities for operational improvement and implement streamlined processes to enhance efficiency. Collaborate with different departments to address operational challenges and drive continuous improvement.
Communication and Coordination:
- Serve as a liaison between the CEO and various teams, ensuring effective communication and collaboration. Coordinate and facilitate meetings, prepare agendas, and follow up on action items.
- Assist the CEO in making informed decisions by providing relevant data, analyses, and alternative scenarios. Anticipate potential challenges and proactively propose solutions.
- Wear multiple hats as a versatile generalist, capable of handling diverse responsibilities.
- Demonstrate adaptability and resourcefulness in tackling different tasks as needed.
Travel and logistics scheduling for company initiatives.
- Efficient travel and logistics scheduling contribute to a smooth and stress-free travel experience for employees, allowing them to focus on their business objectives while ensuring cost-effectiveness and compliance with organizational policies.
Calendar Management For The CEO:
- Effective management of the CEO's calendar is essential for optimizing their time, ensuring strategic alignment, and contributing to the overall success of the organization. It requires a combination of organizational skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to handle a dynamic and ever-changing schedule
What do you need to succeed
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field. MBA preferred.
- Proven experience in project management and business analysis roles.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior leadership.
- High proficiency in project management tools and office software.
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Confidentiality: Handling sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion and professionalism.
- Most importantly, you need to have a winning mindset.
What Pula will bring to the table
- Growth potential: With an untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide, on track to doubling the number of farmers insured in 2021 and Pula’s global leadership in Agriculture Insurance, our new staffers have a tremendous upside growth potential.
- Market Leader: Not only is the opportunity massive, but Pula is by far the market leader in it’s category with 11m farmers insured as of 2023.
- Solid: Pula has been funded by leading venture capital investors (Omidyar Network, ACCION, MercyCorps) and global philanthropic institutions (MasterCard Foundation, CGAP/World Bank as well as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation). Pula closed a $6m series A funding in December 2020 in the right in the middle of the pandemic a clear testimony of the opportunity that Pula is going after.
- Respected: Winner of the Singapore FinTech Festival 2019, Winner of The InsureTech of the Award, Africa. Featured on TED talks, The New York Times, The Economist.
- Impact and creation: This is a high-impact role, reporting to the CEO and Co-Founder, that offers a unique opportunity to bring the company to the next level, whilst developing new strategies, approaches and ideas.
- Leadership: The founders & CEO foster a culture of transparency, respect, high performance, pragmatism, execution and personal development.
- Purpose: It is rare to find a professional opportunity that offers accelerated professional development and a life purpose. Pula is going through a second phase of accelerated growth that will naturally provide professional development, whilst contributing to the financial stability of small farmers in the emerging markets.
- Remuneration: Competitive base salary accordingly with seniority and experience, commission on closed sales and an employee share option plan that offers an attractive equity upside.
To learn more about Pula you can visit
- TED Talk: Crop Insurance, an Idea Worth Seeding
- New York Times: He Grew up on a Farm. Now, He Helps Protect Them
- The Economist: The Poor, Who Most Need Insurance, Are Least Likely to Have It
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English.
Cover letters are optional. You can add one if there is any additional information you would like to share about your interest in Pula, the role or your experience. We review applications on a rolling basis.
Pula’s mission is to provide farmer resilience. To achieve this, we put our small holder farmers that use our services and the employees that provide them at the heart of everything we do. For that purpose, Pula was created to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.