Global Procurement Associate
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Global Procurement teams handle over $10M in spend each year across over 10,000 transactions and purchase operational goods and service on behalf of over 1M smallholder farmers.
This is an exciting role for a supply chain management enthusiast. You will manage the local Procurement operations and teams of four One Acre Fund country programs. The role is very dynamic and the environment is fast paced with a lot of opportunity to drive significant impact via operational excellence and enriching strategic projects.
- You shall manage the Procurement teams in Burundi, Uganda, Zambia, and Malawi.
- Contribute significantly to the mission of the Organization by sourcing quality goods and services at below market prices to drive cost savings and client satisfaction.
- Manage a team of 15+ people and report to the Global Non Ag Procurement Manager.
- Lead all local initiatives to efficiently source operational goods and services to drive operational excellence.
- Serve OAF departments with on time, cost competitive and high-quality goods and services through strategic sourcing, and innovative procurement techniques.
- Create a culture of cost-saving across the Procurement team and its partners. Save over 5% on purchases every year across the value chain.
- Empower each country PRO team to work in an efficient & compliant manner in a challenging and dynamic country and OAF program context.
- Build team capability through training, coaching, and professional development support.
- Enhance culture of process compliance and controls within the teams.
- Drive efficiency by implementing loss prevention tactics and smooth processes.
- Mitigate supply risks through effective contract management.
- Contribute to annual strategy setting and drive departmental key result execution.
- Identify operational challenges and establish strategies to reach performance targets.
- Own the horizontal process for performance reporting, demand forecasting, and inventory management across all country teams.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- A Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years in supply chain or in a related field
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ownership and leadership
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis for business decision-making
- Language skills - English (required), French (strongly preferred)
- Willingness to travel within our countries of operation
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
14 March 2024
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.