Nigeria Procurement Coordinator
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
You will manage local purchasing functions by sourcing operational goods and services from suppliers for One Acre Fund farmers and office teams. The team fulfills all the procurement needs necessary for the proper functioning of One Acre Fund’s program.
Role Objective: To ensure efficient procurement processes that guarantee efficient cost of operations and serving our Farmers with quality products
You will work in the Procurement department and report to the Nigeria Systems Lead
- Conduct market research to source operational goods and services at the best value for money
- Reinforce our supplier database through market research
- Assess prevailing market prices to estimate financial savings made through the Procurement team
- Maintain long-term business relationships with our suppliers
- Manage requests for quotations, supplier selection, and purchases
- Negotiate for the best prices and payment terms for all purchased goods and services to ensure cost savings our organization
- Follow-up with the Finance team to make sure suppliers are paid on time
- Manage supplier and category management activities
- Ensure reception of goods or delivery of services are done on time to meet set delivery timelines
- Collect all purchases’ supporting documents from suppliers and share with
- Support procurement process improvement projects
- Work with internal departments to develop procurement plans
- Identify opportunities for cost savings through upstream supplier relationships
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Procurement/Supply Chain Management, Economics or other related disciplines.
- At least 2 years of experience in procurement/supply chain
- Knowledge of different sourcing strategies, such as global and local sourcing, single-sourcing, and the ability to choose the most suitable strategy for specific procurement needs
- Familiarity with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Knowledge of contract development, management, and administration, including drafting terms and conditions, ensuring compliance, and handling contract disputes
- Awareness of relevant laws and regulations related to procurement, including procurement ethics, import/export regulations, and contractual obligations
- An understanding of financial concepts, budgeting, and cost control to ensure that procurement activities align with our financial goals
- The ability to maintain relationships with suppliers, including managing performance, addressing issues, and fostering collaboration
- The ability to identify and assess potential risks in the procurement process, develop risk mitigation strategies, and ensure business continuity
- Microsoft Office and G-suite proficiency
- English proficiency
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Minna, Nigeria (On site)
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria
25 December 2023
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.