Rwanda Performance Analysis and Development Intern
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Young Professionals Program
One Acre Fund’s Young Professionals Program offers high-performing African graduates meaningful internships and training opportunities at a high-performing, mission-driven organization. Our internships are paid and all interns can expect to receive substantive work assignments working on high-impact projects that support One Acre Fund's operations.
When joining, interns will participate in an onboarding program and receive training on how to design and execute projects. Over the period of your internship, you will get the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals and receive learning opportunities to build strong foundations for your future career.
About the Role
The Performance and talent management responsibilities are to analyze people data across all teams and suggest recommendations to improve performance and staff experience. You will report directly to HR Lead/deputy HR Lead, the decisions and recommendations that you will make will help to improve staff performance, promote learning development needs to support career growth within One Acre Fund Rwanda. Success will be measured by the quality of data collected, analyzed, and report produced then after. You will be assessed on effectiveness of designed reporting platforms, proactiveness in suggesting improvement needed to facilitate Human Resources decision-making.
- Performance management Coordinate and monitor the performance management trends for our organization, ensuring every staff sets goals, conducts performance reviews and generates performance reports and analytics as may be needed.
- Coordinate performance procedures and tools, including training staff on the use of the PDR processes, culture amp platform, success factors.
- Talent management Coordinate the designing of talent strategy in collaboration with HR leadership.
- Liaise with global recruitment and training to design strategy for staff development of Rwanda program talent.
- Liaise with the talent committee to design promotion processes for each department.
- Data management Develop data analysis models to automate recurring tasks to collection of data to improve team efficiency.
- Build HR data QC framework and training the team on the use of the tools.
- Build team skills in data collection, managing, analyzing and report writing.
- Manage new and historical data by designing data management protocols, permanent repositories, and leading the team through the transition.
- Design dashboards platforms
- Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we deeply invest in our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training, and regular feedback on your performance. We’ll hold career reviews every one-three months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and gain rewarding technical experience.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Be a scientific-minded person who has a passion for investigating data risks and recommend how to solve them.
- Project management
- Strategic staffing plans,
- Structural compensation management,
- Manage staff benefits and development.
- Data cleaning, data analysis, reporting, presentation of results.
- Proficient in data science, and enthusiasm to apply data science skills to solve staff related problems.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Interns will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Rural area based fellows will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing.
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Rwanda
14 December 2023. We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.