Global Procurement and Compliance Associate
One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
Our internal departments make ~$30 million per year in spot purchases of goods and services from suppliers. As a Global Procurement Associate, you will support departments across all countries with these purchases to ensure best value for money.
- You will implement initiatives to ensure transparency and cost-effectiveness in the spot purchasing process.
- You will provide critical procurement support and capability building to new programs.
- You will drive cost reduction efforts, while ensuring audit and controls compliance.
- You will manage global tenders, and implement procurement process improvements.
- You will be part of the Global Supply Chain Division and report directly to the Non-Agricultural Procurement Manager
- Reduce spot purchasing cost across all countries and product categories by 5-10% while focusing on process transparency, and fraud mitigation.
- Provide expert guidance to growth countries, assisting with system support, procurement planning, tendering, inventory management, and advising on procurement strategy.
- Foster a cost-conscious team culture, enabling cost reduction and avoidance across all countries while enhancing systems for precise cost tracking.
- Ensure robust audit and control processes, collaborating with stakeholders to address findings, and closing control gaps for enhanced compliance and efficiency.
- Implement efficiency-boosting initiatives, and integrate best practices and automation for optimized procurement.
- Support procurement activities across all countries of operation
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- A Bachelors Degree
- At least 5+ years of experience in procurement, operations, audit, or supply chain management
- Experience in audit or controls management.
- Project management experience is desirable.
- Stakeholder management experience is required.
- Language: English required, French, Kinyarwanda, or Swahili is an asset.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Kigali, Rwanda or Nairobi, Kenya
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya and Rwanda
23 January 2024
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.