The Junior Test Engineer role will play an integral part in supporting our product development and Nigerian commercial teams in analysing and diagnosing failed field equipment.
This role will involve applying fundamental electronics engineering knowledge (hardware and firmware) to assess a range of hardware devices which are reported to be performing abnormally. The successfull applicant will need to summarize and report diagnostics results to a range of stakeholders to ensure sufficient product fixes and warranty claim processes can be actioned further.
The short term focus of this role will be to rapidly onboard to testing procedures for Okra Pods, Invnverters and Batteries. Generating in depth reports to the product team and running smooth testing operations on a ongoing basis.
Full ownership of all testing and diagnostics processes
- Debugging failed energy equipment (batteries, solar panels, Inverters, MPPT Controllers)
- Running all equipment received through the proper testing processes.
- Working with QA/QC Team to suggest product design optimization to better handle common failure modes.
- Maintain technical records of incidents and failures
- Contribute to product FMECA and risk analysis
Working in the field with Senior Service Delivery Team Member.
- Going out to site for multiple days at a time to deploy projects with our partners
- Facilitating training sessions on Field Operations with our partners
- Doing end-user satisfaction surveys in communities
- Gather impact data and generating impact reports for our strategy team.
- Create guides, manuals and other materials to support partners and users
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the field test and processes
- Capable of deploying solar systems
- Hands-on knowledge of AC and DC electrical circuitry, especially power systems
- Methodical and thorough
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- Good communication skills in English + Either Hausa or Yoruba
- Skills in research and ability to get the information needed to solve a problem (either form other team members or by online research)
- Confident and able to work in rural locations for days/weeks
- Customer Success Lead (Nigeria)
- Senior Service Delivery Manager (Nigeria)
- Technical Support Officer (Porto)
- Tech Lead (Porto)
- Engineering Team
- Interfacing with customer technical teams to gather more information on broken equipment