I.T Service Manager
Metro Africa Xpress
MAX is a team of passionate people building digital infrastructure to deliver the future of mobility in Africa and Emerging Markets. We attract people with conviction who are willing to bring new ideas and perspectives to a problem that affects everyone on the planet. At MAX, you’ll have a unique opportunity to align your passion with a meaningful mission.
You will get a real opportunity to grow and make a real lasting impact on the lives of millions of people, and help deliver access to safe, reliable, affordable and sustainable transportation.
We are Powering Africa’s Forward Movement, and this is being actualized through our transformative Mission: Making mobility safe, affordable, accessible and sustainable through the deployment of high-performance technology and operators. We are building the largest vehicle financing and financial services platform for commercial drivers and transport operators across Africa.
Our proprietary technology is enabling Drivers with no banking history to access low to zero-emission vehicles, insurance, digital wallets and eHailing services on a subscription basis. From 2019 to 2020, we scaled from 200 to more than 10,000 drivers and have raised more than $70m to achieve our mission.
Our goal is to serve 14 million commercial drivers across Africa's $250B mobility industry. In the short term, we are scaling our impact to 100,000 drivers across 10 cities in 3 countries.
In everything we do, we uphold these 5 values without compromise;
- Transparency: We’re taking everyone along for the ride.
- Integrity: We stand by our word to remain consistent with all parties, including you!
- Initiative: We prioritize ingenious ideas and nurture them which has brought us this far and we’re not stopping now.
- Partnership: We always keep the welcome mat rolled out on MAX Land; everyone is welcome.
- Safety: Safety to us at MAX means taking all road safety precautions, telling others about safety so that mobility is safe and comfortable for all.
- Financial Inclusion: We fill a critical funding gap for informal operators in Africa by arranging credit to drivers and micro-entrepreneurs who have few credible options.
- Economic Empowerment: We have onboarded +15000 drivers onto our platform with thousands more in the pipeline in a bid to fulfill the transportation needs in Africa.
- Sustainable Job Creation: We are creating direct and indirect jobs through income-generating assets, technology, and continuous skill development training.
- Transport Infrastructure: Our drivers are professionals and can guarantee high quality of service and safety to passengers.
- Environmental Sustainability: We are deploying electric vehicles, charging infrastructure, and battery-swapping stations to propel the transition to clean mobility.
Our Investors and Strategic Partners:
MAX has raised $70m+ in funding to date, from strategic and financial investors including Lightrock (member of the LGT Group), Global Ventures, Yamaha, Mastercard, Shell Foundation, Novastar, Goodwell Investments, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Techstars, and DLM Capital.
Its Series B first-close of $31m was delivered in December 2021 after which the company announced plans to scale Vehicle Subscriptions, Fintech Products, and Electric Vehicles (EVs) across Africa. Max expects that 31% of its fleet will be made up of EVs by 2024 and 69% by 2026. MAX is raising $100m+ within the next 12 months to permanently transform mobility across Africa.
- Manage Network & Security across all MAX Locations
- Incident Response & Compliance
- Maintain Security Posture across Onprem & Cloud Infrastructure
- Conducting regular system assessments & audits
- Experience with Next Generation Firewall & Endpoint technology
- Experience with Cloud & Enterprise Computing
- Ensure Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity readiness
- Oversee Key Processes - IT Service Management, Asset Management, Configuration & Change management
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Manage Vendor relationship, procurement and SLA agreement.