Business Incubation and Commercialization Coordinator - Lilongwe, Malawi
Land O'Lakes Venture37
- Guided by the Senior Portfolio Managers, the BIC Coordinator will assist in monitoring, reporting and performance evaluation of supported grantees, and verification of milestone completion prior to any payment to grantee.
- Assist the Senior Portfolio Managers to flag opportunities within the portfolio of supported grantees for collaboration with other CAT work streams; e.g., Science Technology and Innovation (STI), Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL), and Communication and Outreach among others.
- Draft reports for showcasing successes of select BIC partners.
- Facilitating business development support services for innovators and financial management mentorship for entrepreneurs.
- Assist the Senior Portfolio Managers in designing, implementing, and managing the Residential Accelerator Program and Entrepreneurs in Residence program.
- Facilitate entrepreneurs/innovators with training in Human Centered Designed methodology.
- Assist the Senior Portfolio Managers in the implementation of the rural community and academic institution programs to nurture science, technology, and innovation for and amongst smallholder farmers in Malawi.
- Assist the MEL Specialist on designated MEL work.
- Supporting the facilitation of the science, technology, innovation, and entrepreneurship programs for University Students.
- Supporting the facilitation of Human Centered Designed methodology, business, and financial management for innovators.
- Supporting the organization of events for the exhibition of promising innovations developed by University Students to public and private sector stakeholders.
- The BIC Coordinator will assist the Senior Portfolio Manager in the technical implementation of CAT’s BIC activities that leverage interventions of the Science Technology and Innovation (STI), Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL), and Communication and Outreach teams for effective achievement of project goals and targets.
- 1+ years’ relevant experience in Malawi or similar market
- Experience in facilitating business development support service trainings for small- and medium-sized businesses.
- Experience in commercialization, agricultural value-chain systems, technology transfer, and/or early-stage investment
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive, inclusive relationships with regional bodies, government officials, the business community, diverse civil society groups, development finance institutions, and/or regional trading partners
- Degree in agriculture or business-related field.