Marketing & Communications
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed climate-tech company with 1,800+ employees across East Africa, India, and the United Kingdom. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that improves life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We offer a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. Our core lines of business currently include: (1) KOKO Fuel, an ultra-clean liquid bioethanol cooking fuel solution delivered via a network of smart fuel ATMs and leveraging existing downstream liquid fuels infrastructure; and (2) KOKO Climate, which retails the emissions reductions that occur from switching households from deforestation-based charcoal to KOKO Fuel. In 2021, KOKO was selected as the world’s leading emerging markets climate technology solution by FT/IFC.
As the Marketing Manager for KOKO Networks Rwanda, you will be responsible for developing and executing Trade Marketing and Brand Building strategies. You will partner with the Channel team to ensure the execution of Trade Marketing plans. Your role will include developing customer-facing Brand Plans that make the brand more relevant, easy, and distinctive. You will be responsible for KPIs such as sales growth, penetration, and Brand Health metrics, as well as key initiatives in the 12-month national Brand Plan.
What You Will Do
- Conduct brand audits, establish priorities, develop Customer Jobs to Be Done, and build a 12-month national Brand Marketing Plan for KOKO Fuel.
- Create briefs and business cases for in-year tactical opportunities to drive growth.
- Develop trade marketing strategy and plans across signage, and merchandising.
- Develop world-class brand activation plans and media plans.
- Develop and project manage execution plans for key marketing initiatives.
- Develop 12-month national Brand Activity plans that include innovation, renovation, and non-innovation-led growth activities partnering with the Head of Commercial and the Channel team.
- Develop annual communication plans.
- Share and align Trade marketing plans with Channel teams.
- Ensure compliance with brand standards (signage, assortment, pricing, merchandising, planograms, promotion) at the point of sale through regular audits.
- Develop and train junior team members in the Marketing team.
- Manage the Marketing budget.
- Use data and analytics to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and adjust strategies accordingly. Report on marketing performance to senior leadership to demonstrate ROI and identify areas for improvement.
Strategy & Planning:
Coaching and mentoring:
Analytics and Reporting:
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Proven experience and track record at Senior Brand Manager or Marketing Manager level in Brand Building.
- Demonstrated success designing marketing mixes and implementing brand strategies across urban and rural areas.
- 5-7+ years of experience in mass market retail and or FMCG
- Fully operational capability in channel marketing, trade category management, trade marketing or customer marketing.
- A University degree in a related field, with postgraduate degrees preferred.
- Fully operational in brand building.
- University degree in a related field, with postgraduate degrees preferred.
- Comfort role modeling behaviors in line with KOKO culture, including leadership, professionalism, customer orientation, safety consciousness, and innovation.
- Ability to work in a self-led manner, in an environment with significant time pressure.
- Unquestionable integrity.
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!