Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed climate-tech company with 1,800+ employees across East Africa, India, and the United Kingdom. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that improves life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We offer a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. Our core lines of business currently include: (1) KOKO Fuel, an ultra-clean liquid bioethanol cooking fuel solution delivered via a network of smart fuel ATMs and leveraging existing downstream liquid fuels infrastructure; and (2) KOKO Climate, which retails the emissions reductions that occur from switching households from deforestation-based charcoal to KOKO Fuel. In 2021, KOKO was selected as the world’s leading emerging markets climate technology solution by FT/IFC.
As KOKO’s Channel manager, your role requires you to lead the KOKO Agent Network team, drive the overall growth of this sales channel as per company targets and manage stakeholders both internally and externally to deliver business objectives.
What You Will Do
- Agent Expansion:
- Lead the team to Identify and engage potential agents to expand the network and increase the channel's reach.
- Build partnerships with third-party organizations to increase the pool of potential agents.
- Use market research data to identify opportunities for growth and expansion.
- Develop and implement processes for tracking agent performance, addressing issues, and ensuring available resources.
- Manage agent contracts, provide training, and create a positive working environment.
- Develop a customer-centric attitude amongst the Agent management team and a deep understanding of agent performance metrics to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Develop agent coaching plans, and provide ongoing feedback and support to help agents improve their performance.
- Conduct regular performance reviews and provide training sessions to help the agent management team influence agents to achieve their sales targets.
- Work with the Agent Management team one-on-one to identify areas for improvement and develop action plans to address them.
- Work with the head of the commercial to develop, fine-tune and implement the KOKO Channel's strategy.
- Monitor and evaluate the channel's performance, ensuring it stays on track and achieves its objectives.
- Stay current with industry trends, competition, and other factors impacting the channel's performance.
- Create action plans to execute channel strategy and tactical plans.
- Coordinate with other departments to execute plans and strategies.
- Manage resources effectively to ensure all activities are efficiently carried out.
- Ensure alignment of activities with the channel's goals and objectives.
- Tracking and Optimizing:
- Analyze data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Then, develop and implement optimization strategies to improve the channel's performance.
- Continuously monitor the channel's performance to ensure that it stays on track.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, partners, and internal teams.
- Communicate sales goals, strategies, and progress to stakeholders regularly to ensure alignment and support.
- Address stakeholder concerns and work to resolve any issues that arise to maintain strong relationships.
Strategy and Planning:
What You Will Bring
- Bachelor's degree in any field with an excellent academic background
- 8+ years of experience in similar roles (ideally in the FMCG industry with increasing responsibility)
- Proven success of strong leadership
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Strong frontline sales & account management experience
- A curious individual can make complex decisions using all the available data but is comfortable enough to use their gut feeling and instinct when these are missing.
- Proficient in English and Kinyarwanda
- Hold a valid driver's license and be flexible to travel.
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!