Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2023
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed climate-tech company with 1,800+ employees across East Africa, India, and the United Kingdom. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that improves life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We offer a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. Our core lines of business currently include: (1) KOKO Fuel, an ultra-clean liquid bioethanol cooking fuel solution delivered via a network of smart fuel ATMs and leveraging existing downstream liquid fuels infrastructure; and (2) KOKO Climate, which retails the emissions reductions that occur from switching households from deforestation-based charcoal to KOKO Fuel. In 2021, KOKO was selected as the world’s leading emerging markets climate technology solution by FT/IFC.
As a driver, you will be responsible for loading, transporting, and delivering items to clients or businesses in a safe and timely manner using assigned company vehicles. You will also be responsible for transporting staff members using assigned vehicles for staff. You shall provide excellent customer service and adhere to assigned routes and follow time schedules.
What You Will Do
- Maintain good mechanical and physical condition of the vehicle through responsible and defensive driving, and escalating any issues to the supervisor in a timely manner
- Conduct inspection of vehicles before departure for staff transport or goods delivery
- Transport staff and deliver orders safely to agents on assigned routes
- Pack, load and unload products according to company specifications and delivery manifest
- Maintain ongoing communication with fleet operations supervisor, agents and warehouse team
- Operate a smartphone to track inventory and log vehicle records
- Any other tasks as assigned by your supervisor
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Minimum O-Level education and ability to read and write English
- A certificate of good conduct
- Must have knowledge of Highway Code and regulations
- Possesses a valid driving license for trucks, vans and small passenger vehicless
- Proven work record/experience as a truck /commercial vehicle driver for the last 3 years
- Excellent knowledge of road network in Kigali
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!