Manager, Network Operations
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
About KOKO Networks
KOKO Networks is a venture-backed climate-tech company with 1,800+ employees across East Africa, India, and the United Kingdom. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that improves life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We offer a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. Our core lines of business currently include: (1) KOKO Fuel, an ultra-clean liquid bioethanol cooking fuel solution delivered via a network of smart fuel ATMs and leveraging existing downstream liquid fuels infrastructure; and (2) KOKO Climate, which retails the emissions reductions that occur from switching households from deforestation-based charcoal to KOKO Fuel. In 2021, KOKO was selected as the world’s leading emerging markets climate technology solution by FT/IFC.
As Network Operations Manager, you will be responsible for operating KOKO’s network of KOKO Points, which dispense clean cooking fuel across Rwanda. You will manage the end-to-end KOKO Point lifecycle from deployment and commissioning KOKO Points into new shops to ongoing maintenance, regulatory compliance, and hardware upgrades, to decommissioning and repairs. The ultimate goal of our Network Operations team is to maximize network coverage and up-time to ensure customers can access our fuel everyday, everywhere.
What You Will Do
- Lead the core functions in Network Operations, including: assembly and deployment of KOKO Point units, network operations center, field maintenance and repairs and service center.
- Work closely with other departments, including Agent Networks, Customer Care, Fuel Operations, Cooker Operations, and Engineering.
- Design and refine core business processes and tools, including for deployment, civil works, commissioning, sealing, network monitoring, incident management, and proactive maintenance.
- Proactively identify risks to network uptime and customer experience, and develop and execute plans to minimize that risk.
- Provide feedback to KOKO’s Product and Engineering teams on causes of network disruptions and KOKO Point hardware issues, and analyse network data to formulate suggestions to improve uptime.
- Manage the information capture and resolution of KOKO Point tickets, ensuring that accurate and precise information is captured at each step of the issue life-cycle.
- Own and manage the database of product defects arising from KOKO Point network and other tickets, acting as the single point of contact for the Engineering and Product teams.
- Hire, train, coach, and manage direct reports and subcontractors to achieve key performance indicators on set requirements, quality, and safety, while building a deep bench of future company leaders and a strong performance culture.
- Maintain customer satisfaction through professional conduct and engagements while ensuring an effective interface with other departmental staff is maintained.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with respective Health, Safety and Environmental and company policies and procedures
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- University degree in Engineering or relevant technical field. Technical knowledge of mechatronic systems or communication technology is an added advantage
- 3+ years of experience in a related field, with a track record of high performance
- 1+ years of management experience building and mentoring teams
- Knowledge of ticketing systems and escalation processes
- Ability to work autonomously and think on your feet
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong data analysis and synthesis skills
- Ownership mindset and the ability to solve complex problems
KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!