Team Lead Project Supply Chain Africa (m/f/d)
Team Lead Project Supply Chain Africa (m/f/d)
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Work experience
- Commercial professions (other)
- Purchasing, Materials Management, Logistics
Our business is focused on deploying the highest quality Solar Photovoltaic and Onshore Wind energy projects. We offer Project Development (Wind & Solar), Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for the transition to greater utilisation of sustainable energy globally and are also a recognised leader in off-grid hybrid solar-wind-battery-storage energy solutions.
JUWI has successfully installed over 400 MW in South Africa and over 5,500 MW internationally. As a significant player for renewable energies, we are listed in the top 10 solar EPC contractors globally, employing more than 1,300 people worldwide.
We are looking for you as a
Team Lead Project Supply Chain Africa (m/f/d)full time - unlimited
The role has the following key areas of focus for South African and regional projects in Africa;
- Lead the project supply chain team in South Africa
- Responsibilities for Procurement will lie in both the project and strategic purchasing activities.
- The position supports both sales as well as all operational activities before and during project execution.
- Ensure cost-quality optimized goods and services are purchased for our projects, on suitable terms for delivery, cost, payments and quality and to meet project milestones
- Seek, identify and engage appropriate suppliers for project-related goods and services
- Take part in project related Procurement Committees and governance related to same to align all key stakeholders (Engineering, Finance, SQM, Controlling, Sales etc.).
- Lead the negotiation of contract terms and pricing with both internal and external contacts, and assist with preparation of related agreements, monitoring compliance of delivery against contracts; enforcement of claims to suppliers in case of deviations e.g., penalties
- Delegate and coordinate the procurement tasks to the relevant team members
- Knowledge transfer (lessons learned, information exchange with other regions etc.)
- Manage enquiries, quotations and ordering process including tracking order fulfilment for each project
- Populate and maintain a project cost-reporting system covering all purchased goods and services
- projects (in conjunction with PM and Construction team).
- Support PM and Construction team in handling supplier variations, change orders etc.
- Ensure the business adheres to legislation and good practice in all purchasing activities
- Support the sharing of best practice between SA to other countries and JUWI HQ
- Support and engage in strategic procurement projects
- Definition of the global procurement strategy esp. Develop the procurement strategy for South Africa respecting the country specific requirements and based on the global Procurement Strategy by coordinating and agreeing the strategy with the Head of Project Supply Chain
- Develop Procurement processes for JUWI Renewable Energies South Africa based on global and regional (EMEA) processes to align with the continual improvement strategy of Corporate Quality Management, as part of the ISO applicable requirements for JUWI Renewable Energies South Africa
- Coordinate the purchasing experts assigned to the Team and delegate tasks related to the respective expert role in alignment with the Head of Competence Centre
- Support and fill in all price information / offers into defined regional cost database to enable continuous improvement and understanding of cost incl. historical development
- For components / services where no regional or global JUWI database is existing, build up cost database for SA and regional projects to allow continuous improvement and understanding of costs
- Clarification of market conditions relating to inter alia local content, imports, exports, credit limits, credit protection framework. For JUWI global suppliers, share such information within the procurement department
- Forecast and track capacities for Tier I & II suppliers esp. for South Africa, as well as for Lead Buyer/Expert functions that are assigned to the team.
- Carry out and support supplier qualification
- Support and carry out the supplier performance evaluation processes.
- Monitor market for pricing trends, changes, new entrants etc. and share information within Procurement department. Carry out regular Expert Report on market developments.
- Creating and maintaining of standard- or frame-contracts for the South African market and for Expert functions that are assigned to the team in coordination with other departments (Engineering, Legal...) and in compliance with procurement guidelines, to ensure JUWI’s competitive edge in various markets.
- A degree in Supply Chain Management / Procurement / Management
- Minimum of 8 years work experience, in purchasing or related fields preferably in the renewable energies sector
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience of working in teams and matrix organizations
- Result and detailed-orientated approach
- Capable of independent decision-making
- Strong communication skills
- Open-minded and flexible
- Possess a strong drive and have sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong team spirit
- Ability to work independently
- Willing to travel locally and internationally
Benefits of working for JUWI
Become part of a team that realises leading solar, wind and hybrid projects worldwide. JUWI Global has a high level of commitment and passion for its vision of 100% renewable energy.
Even if your profile does not match the job brief 100%, perhaps you match it 80% of the way, you could possibly be the right candidate for another position within the JUWI Group.
To apply, please submit your application via our recruitment portal and ensure that you submit your application in English.
We look forward to your energy!
JUWI operates in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 3 of 2013 (“POPI Act”), and by submitting your personal information to JUWI (by way of application and/or providing any other documentation as may be required during the recruitment process), you agree that JUWI may utilise and process your personal information in accordance with the POPI Act.
- Monique Cooper
- External Recruiting Consultant EMEA