SCADA Construction Supervisor (m/f/d)
SCADA Construction Supervisor (m/f/d)
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Work experience
- Technical occupations (other)
Our business is focused on deploying the highest quality Solar Photovoltaic and Onshore Wind energy projects. We offer Project Development (Wind & Solar), Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for the transition to greater utilisation of sustainable energy globally and are also a recognised leader in off-grid hybrid solar-wind-battery-storage energy solutions.
JUWI has successfully installed over 400 MW in South Africa and over 5,500 MW internationally. As a significant player for renewable energies, we are listed in the top 10 solar EPC contractors globally, employing more than 1,300 people worldwide.
We are looking for you as a
SCADA Construction Supervisor (m/f/d)* One Year Fixed Term contract
As a SCADA Construction Supervisor (m/f/d), you will be part of the Construction team and will be responsible for the correct installation and implementation of the SCADA in the field until its final testing.
This includes but is not limited to support, system design works but also providing support on site during the construction and commissioning phase.
- Reporting to the Construction Manager and the Construction International Team Leader, the Construction Supervisor will work with Project Purchasing & Logistics, System Design, Specialist, Consultants, Suppliers, Subcontractors, and the Client to ensure compliant project execution.
- Accomplish construction project/trade results by defining project/trade purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating subcontractors and staff (Quality personnel that reports to him/her); evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; evaluating and implementing change orders via the Construction Manager
- Responsible for inspection, supervision, and reporting on construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards in accordance with company procedures & processes, legislation, standards, and industry best practice
- Responsible for management of supplier and subcontractor construction & commissioning. Implement KPI’s, control and monitor (trade) schedule and quality performance against baselines schedule, raise NCRs' through Construction Manager and implement corrective action.
- Responsible for LOTO and switching protocols.
- Ensure full compliance with the QHSE regulations, legislation, standards, codes and requirements in Africa.
- Ensuring contractual trade schedule and payment milestones are achieved, including preparation and compilation of documentation.
- Responsible for daily construction reports & records, as well as preparation and review of work procedures, QCP’s, ITP’s and Check sheets.
- Support Logistics team with material distribution on site and incoming good inspections
- Implementation and processing of Lock Out Tag Out Procedures
- Execute and/or supervise all required test and commissioning activities on SCADA and Instrumentation equipment in compliance with the approved Commissioning Plan, protocols and procedures.
- Supervise the tests and commissioning activities for full integration of grid connection SCADA system.
- Responsible for all SCADA requirements of a PV, BESS and Wind power plant
- Troubleshoot the communication networks and all SCADA devices and instruments during the commissioning stage to bring the SCADA system to full operation in phase with the commissioning schedule of the project.
- Execute and/or supervise point to point testing of all SCADA devices to verify full integration in monitoring portal.
- Specify test and commissioning requirements relative to the SCADA system in preparation to the elaboration of the Commissioning Plan
- Review test and commissioning protocols/ procedures submitted by original equipment manufacturers, product suppliers and system integrators relative to the SCADA system.
- Support internal and external stakeholder during engineering and construction for SCADA relative matters. Supervise the suppliers & subcontractors in this process, ensuring the correct integration of all sensors and controls in the SCADA system.
- Participate design reviews to ensure a constructability and feasibility of the SCADA design package.
- Coordinate on site team to handover the SCADA system safely to the O&M/owner once commissioning complete interface with internal and external stakeholders of the project including JUWI Construction, H&S and Quality to ensure the commissioning activities are completed safely and under the resource and timeline constraints of the project.
- Understand the local technical conditions e.g., GSM reception, WIFI, Antennas and ensure the SCADA system is online accessible ensure all SCADA / Network related Tests, Reports and Checklists are performed, in accordance with the Quality Plan/ Commissioning Plan, signed, filled and filed.
- Feed the lesson learnt database, develop and improve method statements, procedures and processes.
- Develop and improve test procedures and protocols, evaluate new test and measurement equipment.
- Report commissioning activities to the Commissioning Manager of the project.
- Accredited degree as Engineer or Technician with focus on industrial controls or SCADA engineering.
- Several years of experience in Commissioning Automation or Scada and Plant control.
- Demonstrated expertise with industrial instrumentation, automation, PLC’s, machine control, HMI, Met Station, Cloud camera, micro grid controller and communication protocols like IEC-101, IEC-104, IEC 61850, MODBUS, NTP, DNP and OPC.
- Demonstrated expertise with distributed network systems, VPN and common network interfaces.
- Previous experience in commission of SCADA systems for PV / BESS / Wind.
- Able to configure and use getaways and protocol converters to connect to any type of device in the facility and with any existing communication protocol.
- The candidate must demonstrate an innate ability to manage the unexpected and find out what is the origin of the lack of communication between the devices, making use of every available hardware and software tool.
- Ability to use network sniffing software to search for evidence of packet transmission and their routing, use of “Wireshark” and its configuration.
- Capability to get connected to every kind device (TCP, RTU, etc.) with the right interface is a must.
- Experience in configuring managed Switch and VLAN is a must.
- Experience in configuring Router and Firewall is a must.
- Basic knowledge of closed loop active and reactive power, Cosfi, P(f) control algorithms.
- Fluent English Speaking and writing.
- Reading and interpreting complex electrical diagrams and schematics is a must.
- Willing to frequent travel to construction sites in Europe and Africa.
- Willing to work under pressure.
- Experience of working within international teams
- Open-minded and flexible.
- Possess a strong drive and have sharp analytical.
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Capable of independent decision-making.
- Detailed-orientated approach.
- Knowledge on PV testing equipment and instrumentation.
- Office package and advance MS Excel knowledge is a must.
- Fluency in French
Benefits of working for JUWI
Become part of a team that realises leading solar, wind and hybrid projects worldwide. JUWI Global has a high level of commitment and passion for its vision of 100% renewable energy.
Even if your profile does not match the job brief 100%, perhaps you match it 80% of the way, you could possibly be the right candidate for another position within the JUWI Group.
To apply, please submit your application via our recruitment portal and ensure that you submit your application in English.
We look forward to your energy!
JUWI operates in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 3 of 2013 (“POPI Act”), and by submitting your personal information to JUWI (by way of application and/or providing any other documentation as may be required during the recruitment process), you agree that JUWI may utilise and process your personal information in accordance with the POPI Act.
- Monique Cooper
- External Recruiting Consultant EMEA