Logistics Co-ordinator (m/f/d)
Logistics Co-ordinator (m/f/d)
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Work experience
- Technical occupations (other)
Our business is focused on deploying the highest quality Solar Photovoltaic and Onshore Wind energy projects. We offer Project Development (Wind & Solar), Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for the transition to greater utilisation of sustainable energy globally and are also a recognised leader in off-grid hybrid solar-wind-battery-storage energy solutions.
JUWI has successfully installed over 400 MW in South Africa and over 5,500 MW internationally. As a significant player for renewable energies, we are listed in the top 10 solar EPC contractors globally, employing more than 1,300 people worldwide.
We are looking for you as a
Logistics Co-ordinator (m/f/d)full time - limited (*One Year Fixed Term Contract)
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for onsite logistics planning and coordination on solar PV EPC project in Senegal (GCO) including full responsibility for technical, environmental and safety compliance, quality, schedule and integration control.
- Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Logistics Coordinator will work with Project Purchasing, Logistics, Expediting, Consultants, Suppliers and Subcontractors to ensure compliant project execution
- Responsible for laydown & staging area, incoming & outgoing transport flow and on-site route planning in accordance with the project schedule
- Responsible for traffic management, coordination with neighbouring projects and traffic department as required, including provincial & access road condition inspections prior to sensitive equipment deliveries
- Responsible for incoming goods receipt, quality inspections, offloading & placement and associated supporting documentation as required in order to achieve contractual obligations and payment milestones
- Monitor on site material stock levels in accordance with the project schedule and provide early warning for potential construction risks / delays
- Implement the required systems, processes, documents, templates, etc. required for:
- Supplier / subcontractor warehousing and delivery tracking, Incoming inspections and goods receipt, quarantine and claims management, on site storage and stock levels
- Ensure compliance with the project QHSE regulations, legislation, standards, codes and requirements in Africa
- Determines logistics and offloading resource (persons and equipment) levels to attain schedule milestones and ensure conformance with the construction plan
- Preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly reports & records
- Ensure risk assessments, method statements and rigging studies are submitted and approved prior to on-site delivery, offloading and placement
- Training of unskilled resources to perform incoming inspections and goods receipt
- Support the efficient, proven, and high-quality supply chain and logistics techniques developed by the JUWI organization by supporting the JUWI Team leader (International construction management on solar PV project sites which fall under the entity of JUWI Renewable Energies (Pty) Ltd (JUWI South Africa).
- Maintain JUWI RE project goals (substantial completion date, high safety) while closely aligning project site activities with JUWI´s corporate quality management.
- The Logistics Coordinator will fall under the mentorship of JUWI Construction Manager. Activities include management and planning of on and off-site logistics, supported by the Supply Chain Manager, project Expediter and off-site logistics coordinator.
- Ensuring Material inspections and Receipt Protocol
- Proactively identify issues &deviations, resolve and share with JUWI Construction Manager.
Communication and information:
- Attend Daily Site meetings chaired by the Construction Manager with construction team members and subcontractors
- Multiple per week: interacting with the Construction Manager on site progress, quality, safety, and logistics, within Africa
- Once a week: Compile weekly reports and submit to the construction Manager
- Attend monthly EMEA construction meetings chaired by the construction Heads of Department.
Reporting and Controlling Tools & Templates:
- Construction progress report
- Material list (by logistics team)
- Daily Construction Records
- MRIP (Material Receipt & Inspection Protocol)
- Supply chain, logistics, procurement, or business management background
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role at comparable level and 2 years utility scale solar PV plants experience
- Good communication skills, able to communicate at all levels and resolve labour conflict
- A proven track record in successfully implementing construction logistics for projects
- Demonstrable experience of managing Subcontractors to stringent time and quality metrics
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite, including MS Project
- Conversant with construction, labour, environmental and safety requirements and legislation
- Fluent in English
- French speaking
Benefits of working for JUWI
Become part of a team that realises leading solar, wind and hybrid projects worldwide. JUWI Global has a high level of commitment and passion for its vision of 100% renewable energy.
Even if your profile does not match the job brief 100%, perhaps you match it 80% of the way, you could possibly be the right candidate for another position within the JUWI Group.
To apply, please submit your application via our recruitment portal and ensure that you submit your application in English.
We look forward to your energy!
JUWI operates in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 3 of 2013 (“POPI Act”), and by submitting your personal information to JUWI (by way of application and/or providing any other documentation as may be required during the recruitment process), you agree that JUWI may utilise and process your personal information in accordance with the POPI Act.