Civil Construction Supervisor (m/f/d)
Civil Construction Supervisor (m/f/d)
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Work experience
- Technical occupations (other)
Our business is focused on deploying the highest quality Solar Photovoltaic and Onshore Wind energy projects. We offer Project Development (Wind & Solar), Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for the transition to greater utilisation of sustainable energy globally and are also a recognised leader in off-grid hybrid solar-wind-battery-storage energy solutions.
JUWI has successfully installed over 400 MW in South Africa and over 5,500 MW internationally. As a significant player for renewable energies, we are listed in the top 10 solar EPC contractors globally, employing more than 1,300 people worldwide.
We are looking for you as a
Civil Construction Supervisor (m/f/d)full time - limited (*One Year Fixed Term Contract)
The Construction Civil Supervisor will be responsible for onsite subcontractor management, quality assurance of Civil construction works, from time to time you may be required to oversee installation of electrical and mechanical work on the solar PV EPC projects in Senegal (GCO mine) including full responsibility for technical, environmental and safety compliance, quality, schedule, and integration control.
- Support the efficient, proven, and high-quality construction techniques developed by the JUWI organization by supporting the JUWI Team leader (International construction management on Senegal (GCO) solar PV project site that fall under the entity of JUWI Renewable Energies (Pty) Ltd (JUWI South Africa).
- Maintain JUWI project goals (substantial completion date, high safety) while closely aligning project site activities with JUWI´s corporate quality management.
- The Civil Supervisor will fall under the mentorship of JUWI Construction Manager. Activities include civil, structural, and may be required to assist in supervising mechanical, electrical, module installation, and project commissioning aspects.
- Proactively identify, resolve, and share with JUWI construction Manager,
- Support to the monitoring and overseeing of civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical work on the project to ensure it meets contract obligations, supporting JUWI sub-contractors in-field work efforts at Senegal GCO Solar project.
- Ensure that Senegal (GCO) project is built according to JUWI standards.
- Support project schedules, manage deviations through schedule adjustments.
- Support to ensuring deployed components conform to the JUWI quality requirements.
- Support the commissioning of the PV plants.
- Review and be familiar with vendor requirements and assure that equipment is installed in a manner so as not to void warranties.
- Support coordination with vendors and JUWI engineers for in-field design changes.
- Become familiar with all project engineering, design, and construction documents.
- Assist in the resolution of complex problems with manufacturing firms, sub-contractors, suppliers, and clients.
- Conduct daily field inspections of the work in progress and share any deviations or deficiencies with Site Supervisors and other team members.
- Maintain JUWI ´s high project site safety standards.
- Support JUWI quality assurance requirements.
- Support the review of plans and procedures periodically and institute changes if necessary.
- Assist in resolution of differences or problems.
- Participate in the review process of all portions of the project.
Communication and information:
- Attend Daily Site meetings chaired by the Construction Manager with construction team members and subcontractors
- Multiple per week: interacting with the Construction Manager on site progress, quality, safety, and logistics, within Africa which falls under South African entity
- Once a week: Compile weekly reports and submit to the construction Manager
- Attend monthly EMEA construction meetings chaired by the construction HoD
Reporting and Controlling Tools & Templates:
- Construction progress report
- Material list (by logistics team)
- Accredited Civil Engineering Technical Diploma/Degree
- Minimum of 5 years construction management experience in electrical infrastructure projects, 2 years utility scale solar PV plants experience
- Good communication skills, written and spoken
- A proven track record in successfully completing construction on time, safely and compliant with technical & quality requirements and standards
- Conversant with construction management (control and monitoring) tools, MS Office, etc.
- Conversant with construction, labour, environmental and safety requirements, and legislation
- Knowledge of SANS and COLTO
- Problem solving ability
- Report skills
- Quality orientated
- Time cautious
- Quick thinker
- Fluent in English
- French speaking
Benefits of working for juwi
Become part of a team that realises leading solar, wind and hybrid projects worldwide. JUWI Global has a high level of commitment and passion for its vision of 100% renewable energy.
Even if your profile does not match the job brief 100%, perhaps you match it 80% of the way, you could possibly be the right candidate for another position within the JUWI Group.
To apply, please submit your application via our recruitment portal and ensure that you submit your application in English.
We look forward to your energy!
JUWI operates in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 3 of 2013 (“POPI Act”), and by submitting your personal information to JUWI (by way of application and/or providing any other documentation as may be required during the recruitment process), you agree that JUWI may utilise and process your personal information in accordance with the POPI Act.
- Monique Cooper
- External Recruiting Consultant EMEA