Project Procurement Manager (m/f/d)
Project Procurement Manager (m/f/d)
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Work experience
- Purchasing, Materials Management, Logistics
Our business is focused on deploying the highest quality Solar Photovoltaic and Onshore Wind energy projects. We offer Project Development (Wind & Solar), Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), and Operations and Maintenance (O&M) services for the transition to greater utilisation of sustainable energy globally and are also a recognised leader in off-grid hybrid solar-wind-battery-storage energy solutions.
JUWI has successfully installed over 400 MW in South Africa and over 5,500 MW internationally. As a significant player for renewable energies, we are listed in the top 10 solar EPC contractors globally, employing more than 1,300 people worldwide.
We are looking for you as a
Project Procurement Manager (m/f/d)full time - unlimited
The successful candidate will manage all aspects of the procurement/purchasing activities for projects in Sub-Saharan Africa and other regions. Purchasing scope covers all local supplies (goods & services), as well as main/ strategic components (in coordination with juwi HQ in Germany). Overall responsibility for coordination and monitoring of all procurement-related activities (including early-phase and post sales related activities) within the project team.
- Ensure cost-quality optimized goods and services are purchased (including logistics) for our projects, on suitable terms for delivery, cost, payments and quality to meet project timescales and milestones
- Seek, identify and engage appropriate suppliers for project-related goods and services
- Lead the negotiation of contract terms and pricing with both internal and external stakeholders and assist with preparation of related agreements; full responsibility of manage and monitoring compliance of delivery against contracts; enforcement of claims to suppliers in case of deviations e.g. penalties
- Coordinate and support preparation of supplier and subcontracts
- Manage enquiries, quotations and ordering process including tracking order fulfilment for each project
- Support on claim management and related post-sales activities
- Support PM and Construction team in handling supplier variations, change orders etc.
- Ensure the business adheres to legislation and good practice in all purchasing activities
- Support the sharing of best practice between South Africa to other countries and juwi HQ
Main/ strategic component purchasing:
- Intimate knowledge of market conditions relating to inter alia local content, imports, exports, credit limits, credit protection framework, tax implications and regulatory requirements
- Monitor market for pricing trends, changes, new entrants etc.
- Carry out and support supplier qualification based on existing processes with focus on local based suppliers / subcontractors
- Create and maintain standard and / or framework agreements where needed with local suppliers / subcontractors
- Establish and maintain long-term local supplier and subcontractor relationships
- Develop and carry out a supplier performance evaluation process
- Create and maintain a historical and forecast price database for the creation of benchmarks
- Support the development and implementation of purchasing strategy for local projects, based on the JUWI purchasing strategy, in coordination with Head of Project Supply Chain in Germany and with focus on the local suppliers / subcontractors
- Work in conjunction with the JUWI HQ purchasing organization to utilize global supplier frameworks
- 3-5 years’ experience in project-based and commodity procurement for electrical infrastructure projects
- Experience in the renewables sector preferred
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing supply and/ or subcontracts, contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Skilled negotiator with ability to foster solid relationship with suppliers / subcontractors
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point
- Full Professional English
- Local and international travels may be required from time to time.
Benefits of working for juwi
Become part of a team that realises leading solar, wind and hybrid projects worldwide. JUWI Global has a high level of commitment and passion for its vision of 100% renewable energy.
Even if your profile does not match the job brief 100%, perhaps you match it 80% of the way, you could possibly be the right candidate for another position within the JUWI Group.
To apply, please submit your application via our recruitment portal and ensure that you submit your application in English.
We look forward to your energy!
JUWI operates in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 3 of 2013 (“POPI Act”), and by submitting your personal information to JUWI (by way of application and/or providing any other documentation as may be required during the recruitment process), you agree that JUWI may utilise and process your personal information in accordance with the POPI Act.
- Monique Cooper
- External Recruiting Consultant EMEA