Client Engagement Director AIM
Requisition ID: 90522
Job Category: Engineering
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
As part of our Shared Services group, comprised of Finance, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, Commercial, Legal and Facilities, we support the business achieve their goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure delivery of services through the skills of our people, methodologies, and systems.
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Business Development professional to join our Global Client Action Team (CAT) in the Johannesburg office.
Our global team of professionals is experienced in business development, marketing and pursuit management, engineering, and project management. While our experience is diverse our goal is singular – Help Hatch teams become more successful in their winning work efforts.
We challenge our clients with innovative ideas that help them take their business to higher levels. We challenge our team to take on responsibilities and take initiative regardless of position title or job description.
In this role you will be an advisor to our senior leadership team for the AIM (Africa, India and Middle East) region, partnering with the business unit leads and senior directors to support their most important pursuits. Our ideal person will draw from their own track record of sales success and assist these individuals’ efforts to identify and acquire new work and drive repeat business. You will be supported by several embedded Client Action Team best practices, tools, templates and a global pool of professional resources.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Act as the Client Engagement “right hand” to our AIM Regional Leadership Team.
- Manage/supervise Client Action Team (CAT) members in the region.
- Support the development and implementation of strategic account plans with Key Account Managers, consistent with regional and global business plans
- Support regional leadership in the prioritization of their sales and pursuit pipeline, including identification of must-win pursuits
- Encourage Client Engagement best practices to position Hatch favorably
- Facilitate Win Strategy Development and Executive-level strategy reviews on must win pursuits
- As a persuasive messaging architect, input and provide hands on support to proposal Executive Summaries, including guidance on identifying and addressing client hot buttons
- Coach pursuit and engagement managers in writing compelling and winning proposals
- Prepare teams for client meetings and presentations, including short-list interviews
- “Acting like an owner” in your role, measure results and identify areas for improvement
- Deliver Hatch Sales Training courses
- Support the AIM region’s understanding and utilization of Hatch’s Total Client Management (CRM) system
- Provide coaching of Client Engagement and Sales competencies, for all AIM’s employees, per Hatch’s Leadership Development Framework
- Support CAT Global mandates and serve as the face of them to the AIM region
You bring to the role:
- Bachelor degree or post-grad in Business, Marketing or Engineering
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in an Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Commercial, Engineering, Project Manager or equivalent role, demonstrating increasing responsibilities over time
- Minimum 5 years’ experience pursuing new business, specific experience in $10 Million (+) pursuits
- Experience in one of Hatch’s core industries required (i.e. Metals, Energy, Infrastructure)
- Existing client contacts (metals, energy or infrastructure sectors) in Africa is a plus
- Strong business acumen combined with high Emotional Intelligence
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships and influence from the side
- Client Relationship Management (CRM) system experience a plus
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
In order to consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information.
A law, known as the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA) provides that when one processes another's personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person's personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
In order to give effect to this right, we are under a duty to provide you with a number of details pertaining to the processing of your personal information. These details are housed under the Hatch HR Processing Notice which can be accessed and viewed on the Hatch website: https://www.hatch.com/About-Us/Privacy-Statement-South-Africa, which HR Processing Notice we request you kindly download and read.