Commercial Project Manager
Requisition ID: 89710
Job Category: Commercial; Project Management
Location: Essen, North Rhine, Germany
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
As part of our Shared Services group, comprised of Finance, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, Commercial, Legal and Facilities, we support the business achieve their goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure delivery of services through the skills of our people, methodologies, and systems.
Commercial Project Manager - Based in our Essen office
• Commercial execution of international projects in industrial plant business from contract negotiation until end of warranty together with the technical project manager (up to double-digit million range)
• Operational responsibility for all measures taken to achieve the financial, commercial and scheduling goals of the project
• Clarification of financing, tax, insurance and legal issues
• Contact person for all commercial project specific topics for the client, consortium and other project participants, mainly in English
• Monitoring and project controlling as well as preparation of the associated reporting system
• Change order and claim management
• Independent handling and monitoring of the entire purchasing activities from requisition to order processing and goods receipt
• Preparation, coordination and conduct of procurement negotiations with subcontractors
• Packing and logistics management
• Preparation and submission of necessary documents for payment transactions and shipping
• Some travel will be required
• Dipl.-Kfm., Dipl.-WiIng., Dipl.-Wirtschaftsjurist, BWL Studium (M/B.A., M/B.Sc, , LL.M/B), Senior Industrial clerk
• Several years of practical experience in commercial project management as well as in purchasing/logistics, preferably in plant engineering business
• Confident in conducting negotiations
• Basic knowledge of German and, if possible, international contract law
• Business fluent in written and spoken English, other languages are an advantage
•Profound knowledge of MS-Office
• Ability to communicate and work in a team, initiative, ability to work under pressure, assertiveness
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.