Proposal Process Lead
Requisition ID: 90230
Job Category: Administration/Support
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
As part of our Shared Services group, comprised of Finance, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, Commercial, Legal and Facilities, we support the business achieve their goals through a range of strong technical capabilities. We ensure delivery of services through the skills of our people, methodologies, and systems.
We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Proposal Process Lead, who enjoys supporting large, complex, multi-partnered proposals, to join a specialist team of in-house client engagement professionals that help Hatch win work in the AIM region.
In this integral role, you will provide proposal process leadership on strategic pursuits from RFP receipt through proposal delivery and support of post-submittal deliverables including developing and maintaining the proposal plan and schedule, organizing resources, coordinating inputs and reviews, enforcing quality standards, and ensuring proposal compliance and win strategy deployment.
This is a great opportunity for a strategic thinker and project/people manager with exceptional leadership skills and initiative.
This position reports to the Regional Director, Client Engagement.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- In partnership with the technical Proposal Manager, lead the end-to-end proposal development process on strategic pursuits
- Develop and implement the proposal management plan (action list/compliance matrix) and schedule
- Organize and co-chair the proposal kick-off, status updates, content planning, and review meetings with the technical Proposal Manager
- Organize and participate in proposal strategy meetings
- Collaborate with the proposal team to confirm delivery of a compliant, clear, and compelling proposal that reflects our win themes
- Identify/escalate issues that may impact the proposal’s schedule or quality
- Review proposal drafts and final versions for responsiveness, compliance, accuracy, quality, consistent writing style, and effective layout and design
- Support clarifications and post-bid submission requirements
- Coordinate post-proposal evaluations and internal debriefs to obtain insights for improving the proposal development process
- Lead the proposal coordinator and graphic designer during proposal development
- Promote and support the use of the Total Client Management (TCM) system, ensuring opportunities are managed in aligning with the Hatch Pursuit Governance Framework
- Train/coach/guide proposal team members for continual improvement.
- Diploma or Degree in Business, Communications or Marketing, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of proposal development experience, including at least 5 years of experience as a proposal manager
- Experience managing others and influencing from the side
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong MS Word and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of SharePoint and CRM tools an asset
- Working knowledge of the engineering, procurement, and construction management consulting industry is highly desired
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong detail orientation, analytical and general business skills, and ability to process information quickly and accurately
- Able to work in a team environment and collaborate on assignments
- Must have the ability to identify, separate and delegate work tasks and prioritize them in relation to the overall proposal production activity and deadlines.
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.
In order to consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information.
A law, known as the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA) provides that when one processes another's personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person's personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
In order to give effect to this right, we are under a duty to provide you with a number of details pertaining to the processing of your personal information. These details are housed under the Hatch HR Processing Notice which can be accessed and viewed on the Hatch website: https://www.hatch.com/About-Us/Privacy-Statement-South-Africa, which HR Processing Notice we request you kindly download and read.