I.T. Technical Specialist
Requisition ID: 89761
Job Category: Information Technology
Location: Essen, North Rhine, Germany
Join a company that is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. With more than 65 years of business and technical expertise in mining, energy, and infrastructure, our 10,000 colleagues in 150 countries tirelessly work toward bettering the industries in which we operate. With practical solutions that are safe, innovative and sustainable, we think globally while acting locally. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a diverse group of professionals who are committed to remaining exceptional? We look forward to hearing from you.
We're at the forefront of our clients' digital transformation journey, successfully implementing emerging digital services into our clients' projects and operations that unlock a step change in their performance. Join the team to improve project outcomes, leverage the digital twin, deliver systems integration and interoperability, and support decision-making, autonomous execution, and integrated operations and performance centers.
Looking to take the next step in your career? Hatch are currently seeking a highly motivated Service Desk Technician to join the Digital team based in our Essen office. This role would suit a professional who is driven to provide quality technical solutions in collaboration with the wider business and is seeking opportunity within a great global company that will provide significant career opportunities in the Digital industry.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Provide IT technical assistance and guidance in day to day business operations
- Function as part of the global IT team providing local and remote IT support for the business
- Respond to enquiries and ensure internal service level agreements are maintained
- Work with the team to maintain formal procedures and policies for consistency and increased productivity
You bring to the role:
You will have at least completed training in the field of IT (IT system integrator, IT clerk) or comparable, be a team player with excellent oral and written communication skills, proficiency in English and German, along with strong analytical skills and troubleshooting methods.
Common tasks performed in this role include but are not limited to:
- Managing the breakdown, relocation and set-up of workstation IT equipment
- Deploying and supporting operating system images and various software to computers locally and remotely
- Supporting meeting room audio visual equipment
- Administering user accounts on various systems
- Troubleshooting end user IT equipment
Experience working with the below technologies is highly regarded:
- Microsoft Windows 10/11
- Microsoft Office 365 environment including Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Entra
- Active Directory
- Zendesk or equivalent service management software
Why join us?
- Work with great people to make a difference
- Collaborate on exciting projects to develop innovative solutions
- Top employer
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Think globally, work locally
Don't meet every single requirement? You don't need to. At Hatch, we are building a diverse, inclusive workplace that fosters innovation. If you're interested in this role, we encourage you to apply even if your past experiences don't perfectly align with the skills we've listed.
We're committed to fostering a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate and serve. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran, or any other protected status. If you have any accommodation requirements, please let us know. We'll do our best to meet your needs in accordance with applicable local legislation.