Recruitment/Human Resources Consultant
**Location of Work: ** Remote (Global) with a preference for applicants who are located close to the East Africa Time zone (EAT).
**Duration of Work: ** 3 months with the possibility of extension (starting in January 2024)
AfriScout has received a 2-year investment from Global Communities through the Strategic Investment Fund (SIF). This investment is intended to allow AfriScout to begin building the foundation for its future on three core pillars:
- Building the team and the technology to expand and replicate AfriScout.
- Guaranteeing the success of the flagship project already under way in Ethiopia
- Preparing for and initiating scaling of the AfriScout model
About the Consultancy
AfriScout needs to lean in to pillar number one fast. This means recruiting a steady number of key hires over the coming months and developing the hiring standards and processes that allow AfriScout to competitively hire from a talent pool that is different to Global Communities typical pool.
Scope of Work
This scope of work includes supporting the development of a sound and competitive compensation and benefits package, developing recruiting processes and templates, and supporting the hiring of AfriScout’s first influx of critical hires over the next 3-6 months. The selected consultant will be required to consult with Global Communities People and Culture department throughout to ensure that all deliverables and outputs are aligned with Global Communities policy and standards.
- Review and finalization of AfriScout levelling structure and competency framework
- Development of and comparative analysis of the AfriScout compensation and benefits package
- Produce templates for Role Briefs, Job Descriptions, Job Adverts
- Produce an AfriScout recruitment process (inclusive of resume screening, first / second / final round interviews, interview exercises)
- Train AfriScout staff / GC staff on any tools / processes developed.
- Lead the recruitment of an initial tranche of key hires as determined by AfriScout’s hiring plan (to be approved by AS Advisory board early January 2024)
The qualifications for this SOW include:
- Demonstrated and broad experience and success in recruiting candidates ranging from entry level to executive / C-suite.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and documenting systems and processes to support recruitment from scratch.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the Kenyan and start-up / Social Enterprise labor market and labor laws.
- Deep network of candidates / knowledge of platforms most suitable for tech / carbon / climate / social enterprise sector hiring.
- Experience working at a fast growth start-up / social enterprise.
- Experience of hiring for / working within carbon financing / carbon projects.
- Experience with generalist field-based hiring at scale.
- Experience hiring specialist roles including GIS / Remote Sensing / Technology / Data positions.