The Product Manager will be responsible to manage from the forecast, supply chain, promotion, support, and finally, product end of life. Delivers the operating plan: achieving growth objectives, revenue, profit, and return on investment for all business channels and key customers. Responsible for managing and implementing market activities through research, strategic planning, and implementation. Including setting long-term vision and strategy for the product categories and communicating this strategy to all the relevant participants and stakeholders. Ensure that all product information is up-to-date and correct on the ERP.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager
- Create and maintain item codes on the ERP.
- Proposes the development of ERP and other technology reports and alerts that will assist in streamlining processes in sales, production, fabrication, procurement, and warehouse management.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results. Propose applications for customers and develop specifications for consultants. Supports internal sales, account management and business development teams by generating leads and sales materials.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, marketing, and procurement. Ensure a smooth transition through the product life cycle.
- Determines product pricing by utilising market research data; reviewing distribution and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customised orders. Liaise with suppliers regarding product development, technical aspects, and pricing.
- Maintains all relevant certifications for distribution in the relevant market.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Determines customers' needs and desires by conducting the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes. Working closely with the R&D team in this regard.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products. Generates product comparison sheets against competitor products. Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products. Generates product comparison sheets against competitor products.
- Provides information for the commercial manager by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses, answer questions and requests.
- Grade 12/ Matric
- 3 Year NQF Level 7 Degree in BCom/BA in Business, Marketing, or related field
- Strategic Orientation
- Minimum 5 years experience in product management /marketing and/ or sales
- Business Acumen and Industry Insights
- NQF Level 8 Honours / 4 year degree / Postgraduate Diploma in Business, Marketing, or related field
Closing Date: 30 November 2023