Mechanical designer will be responsible to design new products and update/improve existing. These designs will be completed in 3D and then used to create BOMs and manufacturing drawings. The designer will also be responsible for prototyping new products and improvements.
- Design plans using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Convert 2D CAD files into 3D models.
- Prototyping of new concepts and ongoing improvements.
- Project management of prototypes from design to assembly.
- Highlight all mechanical and technical risks to the engineering manager.
- Updating and maintaining the mechanical drawing register.
- Liaise with suppliers on components and deadlines.
- Work closely with operations, manufacturing, and production engineers to ensure products are designed for successful manufacture.
- Provide support to engineering team as needed by creating technical drawings and digital models within deadlines and utilizing multiple methods to ensure deliverables include all relevant design details.
- Annotate and verify all numerical designations and specifications in technical drawings and schematics, using both CAD programs and manual calculations when necessary.
- Coordinate directly with engineers and project managers to understand project requirements, verify design details and recommend modifications as needed according to company standards and best practices.
- Create bills of materials from 3D, for production purposes.
- Ensure design files and information are kept up to date and stored in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Grade 12/ Matric
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical Design/ Draughting.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with CAD software ideally in a production/product environment.
- Read and Interpret blueprint and technical drawing.
- Excellent at verbal articulation and writing skills.
- Sheet metal draughting design.
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D and CADworx.
- Able to work within strict deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Detail orientated.
Closing Date: 27 November 2023