Posting date : 09/02/2024
Requisition ID : 21217
Job Title: Accountant
Department: Finance & Admin
Reporting Line: Accounting Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is a division of ENGIE, a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. Sub-Saharan Africa has the world’s lowest energy access rate – with over half of its people unconnected. Solving this growing problem requires grand-scale innovation and this is what ENGIE Energy Access offers. As the leading Pay-As-You- Go and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, our mission is to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience.
The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and we develop innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy.
The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin,
Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Accountant will play a key role on the finance and accounting team. The role is expected to actively participate in the month-end close, preparing or reviewing all monthly reconciliations, and managing other accounting team members. The Accountant will report directly to the Accounting Manager and work closely with all other EEA Nigeria departments.
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Ensure timely payment of all payment requests.
- Preparing compliance schedules and ensure timely remittance
- Organize, file, and follow up on and maintain payment support, especially that from the field team.
- Manage the entities Bank accounts to ensure all transactions are correctly accounted for and all bank accounts are fully reconciled.
- Manage the cost line of the entity to ensure all expenses are fully accounted for and relevant accruals and releases are done:
- Coordinate with Accounts assistants to ensure meeting of month end close deadlines and accurate / complete posting of all mobile money including the below:
- Posting / reconciling of all mobile money payments
- Managing accounts payable and ensure ending supplier balances are accurate.
- Preparing and maintaining prepaid expense & fixed asset registers and track all Company assets.
- Preparing month-end reconciliations for mobile money sending, accounts payable, prepaid expenses, and fixed assets (which will be reviewed by Accounting Associate or Sr Accountant).
- Manage and ensure all month end reconciliations under the Accounts payable section and accurately done and ensure outstanding items are cleared on a timely basis.
- Liaise with external auditors during the audit process.
Required Skills and Competences
- Computer, Excel skills, and accounting systems (preferably SAP)
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills,
- Enjoys working with a team to achieve joint goals,
- Demonstration of integrity and honesty,
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in proposing new ways of driving accounting efficiencies.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position
- Relevant professional certifications (ACA, ACCA, CFA, etc.) Preferred.
- Strong experience in income statement and balance sheet analysis.