Financial Planning Analyst Lead
Financial Planning Analyst Lead
Posting date : 30/01/2024
Requisition ID : 20589
Job Title: Financial Planning Analyst
Reporting Line: Head of Finance
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, offgrid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the minigrids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), almost 1.5 million customers and over 7 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
A Financial Analyst’s primary role is to analyze the past and present financial data of the organization and estimate future revenues and expenditures, monitor the financial health of businesses by collecting, compiling, verifying, and analysing financial information and economic indicators and generate forecasts, then meet with Management and Heads of Departments to discuss the best course of action based on their initial findings.
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecasts.
- Provide commercial insight and analysis of results, identifying underlying trends and challenging the business on performance.
- Analyze the trends and variances of key performance indicators (KPIs), especially relating to financial metrics such as sales, expenses, and profit margin.
- Support the strategic planning and strategic initiatives of the company, including acquisitions and investment appraisal, by providing financial planning and modelling skills.
- Analyze the market and forecast trends and use of scenario and sensitivity analysis to forecast possible outcomes based on the market reviews.
- Analyze pricing data from industry standards, previous sales trends and competitors and report data to decision-makers.
- Applying financial modeling methods to determine the potential impact of pricing strategies on profitability and recommending pricing strategies that align closely with market trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional qualifications such as CA or CPA or CFA
- Minimum of 5 years of practical and relevant analytical experience
- Significant analytical skillset, including the utilization of BI and reporting tools, including writing macros in Excel.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!