Legal Counsel Northern Africa
Legal Counsel Northern Africa
Posting date : 20/12/2023
Requisition ID : 18696
ENGIE is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. Together with our 170,000 employees, our customers, partners and stakeholders, we are committed to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral world, through reduced energy consumption and more environmentally-friendly solutions. Inspired by our purpose (“raison d’être”), we reconcile economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet, building on our key businesses (gas, renewable energy, services) to offer competitive solutions to our customers.
ENGIE North Africa is strengthening its amazing Legal team!
Are you looking for a meaningful job? Are you ready to be part of something new and dynamic? ENGIE North Africa is reinforcing (again!) its existing and dynamic Legal team, and is on the lookout for a Legal Counsel.
As a key member of our expanding team in the North African Region based in Casablanca, you will report to the Head of Legal &Ethics Northern Africa.
Come and live an ENGIE business experience!
- ENGIE is an ambitious international group focusing on the energy transition with a clear zero carbon target.
- ENGIE’s purpose (“raison d’être”) is to act to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral economy, through reduced energy consumption and more environmentally-friendly solutions. The purpose brings together the company, its employees, its clients and its shareholders, and reconciles economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet.
- Joining ENGIE is the possibility of taking part in projects of great scale and taking responsibilities in a group of world size, being part of the fight against climate change.
What ENGIE North Africa offers you :
- The opportunity to have a meaningful job where you can make a difference.
- The chance to continuously evolve as a professional, coupled with a variety of training opportunities.
- Relevant career opportunities to get you where you want to be, with the knowledge you need and to continuously improve your skills in an international environment.
- Continuous mentoring – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentorship from your manager.
- Engie wants you to find a balance between work and private life by offering home working and an informal no-nonsense environment.
- A career management plan with opportunities to grow in an international environment.
- Dynamic and inclusive work environment - employees are the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility.
- Attractive and competitive package.
- You will get the chance to work into a multicultural environment in a cosy and comfortable working space and hybrid workplace enabling the employees to feel at home while having moments to concentrate or chat!
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities :
- Ensure all the legal support to thermal and renewable projects under development or in operations by Engie in the North Africa region (solar plant, wind farms, desalination plant, H2 project…).
- Draft, negotiate and review various agreements (MoUs, JDA, PPA, EPC contract, Turbine supply agreement, call for tender documentation, etc.).
- Advising and supporting M&A activities.
- Insuring the follow-up of the transactions with the banks and financial institutions in accordance with the local regulation.
- Actively contributing to the implementation of applicable compliance procedures in line with Ethics & Compliance guidelines.
- Management of the corporate housekeeping of the companies and branches in the region.
- You have a Master Degree in law (preferably under French, English or Moroccan law);
- You have 4 to 10 years’ experience working as an in-house or attorney (avocat);
Experience and Skills
- You have an excellent command of French and English with excellent reading, writing and listening skills. Arabic is a plus.
- You have specific experience in contract law, corporate law, energy law or public law.
- Experience in the energy, utilities or industrial sector is a plus.
- Experience in a reputed law firm is a clear plus.
- You have a good understanding of the business issues and are eager to work in an international environment.
- You work well in a team and have excellent communication skills.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are well-organized.
- You are stress resistant and keen to meet deadlines.
Communication and working relationships
- Internal: business developers, managers, finance, tax, HR, IT, communications, and worldwide affiliates of Engie group.
- External: partners, legal firms, auditors, lenders.
- Place of residence: Casablanca, Morocco.
- Occasional travel is required through Northern Africa, Europe and Dubaï
- Contract: full time, permanent.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!